Filibuster dual casks single barrel

jodytek
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yes, I've had it. This is a local place in VA, and I tried it at a bourbon festival a few years ago. In short, it kind of sucks. I would not spend my money on it, as there are a lot of better options out there for the price (around $45, if I am not mistaken).

The rye is far better than the bourbon, I have a bottle of each in the packaging style in the image you posted. They switched to taller and thinner bottles recently. The early bottles were all MGP but the newer ones are a blend of MGP with their own whiskey. The wine finishes are different from a lot of what's out there as they aren't using fortified wine casks and the finishing casks are French oak so the profile is pretty dry. 

A buddy brought a bottle to my house for a goose hunting weekend.  He's not a sophisticated drinker- mixes all whiskey with sour mix.  He didnt like it, even hidden in the mix.  Another buddy who drinks whiskey tried it and said it wasnt good.  I'm smarter than to try it after those two responses.  It will be returned to sender at our trout fishing trip in a couple weeks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.