Sam Houston 12

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Couldnt find any threads on here. Looks like only released in TN and TX at this point. Theyre asking quite a bit ($99) where ive seen it. Wondered if it was worth a look. After a search or two.. not much on reddit. But looks like its from western spirits in bowling green, ky... makers of calumet, bird dog , and lexington. I think im gonna continue to pass..

I saw this one today at my local TW and recalled your post. They were asking $80 for it. The label on the bottle says it was distilled in Bardstown. I was a bit intrigued, but not enough to drop $80.

There seem to be a crop of Barton distilled 12 year bourbon's on the market so that would be my guess

• I like it 1

Hickory Hill, Sam Houston, Cream of Kentucky, etc...do we think they are selling off barrels from the collapse?  I think with CoK that might be a little pickier with selection driving the price higher but who knows.  Might just be cashing on his name.

27 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Hickory Hill, Sam Houston, Cream of Kentucky, etc...do we think they are selling off barrels from the collapse?  I think with CoK that might be a little pickier with selection driving the price higher but who knows.  Might just be cashing on his name.

Sazerac has confirmed that no barrels have been sold out of the collapsed warehouse.

• I like it 1

Are the bird dog and calumet sourced from barton also? 

Edited by FasterHorses

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Are the bird dog and calumet sourced from barton also? 

Who knows, I've never had any of the Calumet bottles, I know some people like the age stated "Single Rack" bottles. I have a bottle I picked up of the Bird dog 10 when I was on vacation and didn't want to buy Makers or Jack Daniel's from a hole in the wall mom and pop, it certainly has enough oak to be 10 years old but is otherwise kind of flat kind of like Barton can get when you add water, but I don't know if there is enough there otherwise for me to really guess the profile, and even at that it would only be a guess. 

Edited by kevinbrink

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.