DM Beam's Old Tub Distillery

Bourbon Air Tours
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

DM Beam's Old Tub distillery from the air, looking east from 1,000 feet. Now operated by HH as their 'Glencoe Storage' in Bardstown, KY. Old Tub changed ownership many times over the years, getting its Glencoe name from when WL Weller owned it.

DM Beam's Old Tub 1860.jpg

• I like it 1

Great photograph. Where is it located? During my many visits to Bardstown, I probably passed it and didn't know its history. Thanks for posting.

DM Beam (circa 1860) is located on a back road a couple of miles north of Bardstown. It is about two miles west of Hwy 31E on Old Nazareth Road.  Old Tub is just a storage location today for HH.  This is one of the more than 40 sites we visit on our air tour over Bourbon Country. I will post more of these old sites from time to time. SP Lancaster / Waterfill& Frazier is about two miles south of it and WB Samuels is about two miles west of it. There are several more scattered along the old L&N rail line east and west of Bardstown.

• I like it 2

Thanx for posting the pix (and in advance for any more you care to show us), BAT!

More to come. I have photographed most of the pre-pro sites in Nelson County, KY from the air. Some are completely gone, others were rebuilt and after repeal, there were quite a few new ones built.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.