BottledInBond

Anyone hear timing on WTMK-R?

BottledInBond

Has anyone heard anything on the potential timing of the WTMK “Cornerstone” rye release? They got the label for it approved a few weeks ago but I haven’t heard anything on timing or price yet. Of course it isn’t guaranteed that they release a product every time they get a label approved, but it’s a pretty good indication at the very least. And, as long as they do some new radical pricing divergence, I assume I’m a buyer on this one. 

Bbstout

WTMK Rye sounds awesome. Was there and age stated?

JCwhammie

I didnt see it on the breaking bourbon release calendar.  I'm intrigued. 

lcpfratn

I hope this isn’t in the price range that the Masters Keep releases have been since this is much younger than the last releases. However, given the pricing for some other aged and not so aged ryes, I’m sure it will be in the same price range again.

EarthQuake
Posted (edited)

Oh i wasn't aware this was a thing. I might bite even at the usual MK prices, especially if 100+ proof. I'm really into Russell's Reserve Rye Single Barrel, I've done some blind sbs with ryes costing twice as much and it has come out in the 1 or 2 spot. I don't expect that it's much older than 6 or 7 years, so 9 year WT rye sounds pretty nice to me.

Edited by EarthQuake

JoeTerp

I'd imagine they stay in line with previous releases.  So I would guess that retail will be $150 (that was the VA ABC price for all three previous releases).  Both the Decades and the Revival came out in VA in June, so I would imagine this will be another May / June release.

tanstaafl2

Hmm, there would need to be pretty something special about this to make it worth the $150 range like past WTMK bottles. It does say a "minimum" of 9 years and it has decent proof at 109 if that is accurate. But that still doesn't really say $150 to me. But I still may take the plunge despite my initial skepticism. Or not!

lcpfratn
Hmm, there would need to be pretty something special about this to make it worth the $150 range like past WTMK bottles. It does say a "minimum" of 9 years and it has decent proof at 109 if that is accurate. But that still doesn't really say $150 to me. But I still may take the plunge despite my initial skepticism. Or not!

I have faith in you Bruce!

LCWoody
Posted (edited)

I wonder if this could be part of taking 101 rye off the shelf for a few years was about. Regardless, I'm in.

Edited by LCWoody