What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Spring 2019)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

When you get the call at 4:45, “Y’alls Barrel is in”, it surely is a good end to the first day of Spring.  45 minutes later, it gets better when you start drinking it!  :D

5009C4E9-950A-4495-AD2C-B26BB5954C87.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 20

David Nicholson 1843.  Picked up for $19.99 on a recent trip to NJ.  A value pour in my book.

• I like it 3

Opened my 2nd bottle of EWBIB today, posted elsewhere a good value here at $16.99.. I like a higher proof normally, this one actually feels a little hotter then the 100/BIB.

EE66782A-7FA7-4EE0-AC2D-F1CC54421AD3.jpeg

• I like it 4

15 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Opened my 2nd bottle of EWBIB today, posted elsewhere a good value here at $16.99.. I like a higher proof normally, this one actually feels a little hotter then the 100/BIB.

Nice deep color on this.  Looks like it's older than its 5-6 years.  Maybe they pick barrels from the upper floors of the warehouse? 

1 minute ago, fosmith said:

Nice deep color on this.  Looks like it's older than its 5-6 years.  Maybe they pick barrels from the upper floors of the warehouse? 

Could be... I’m wondering how much variation may be from bottle to bottle in flavor etc as well with this.. I’ve bought 2 from different LS... I’ve only opened the one..

Started with an after work pour of Weller SR. Good, but... Mrs.Joe had an appointment after work, and would be late getting home. So I ended up getting a few things done around the house. Happy wife.... :D Next pour was OWA .  Happy hubby. “Know what I mean Vern?”  ^_^

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

8 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Could be... I’m wondering how much variation may be from bottle to bottle in flavor etc as well with this.. I’ve bought 2 from different LS... I’ve only opened the one.. 

I think this is a "Large Batch" bourbon so, I don't think you'll find much variation in the short term.  But I did notice that the stuff in the redesigned bottle with the faux tax strip is better than the prior bottling. 

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, fosmith said:

I think this is a "Large Batch" bourbon so, I don't think you'll find much variation in the short term.  But I did notice that the stuff in the redesigned bottle with the faux tax strip is better than the prior bottling. 

Oh, I’d agree.. Should’ve been more clear.. But this 2nd bottle seems to have a slightly different color or hue from the 1st I bought.. hence my comment.. (The faux tax stamp does looks cool IMO). ;) 

HMcK BIB 10 yr - 2 oz. with a small cube now melted, taking it down to about 94 proof.  OMG, did the water open this up.  I usually like the BIB neat, but tonight wanted to stay awake.  I may have to have another, this is so good.

• I like it 2

A well worn 4Rsb, unfortunately allergies are impeding my whisky enjoyment this evening. This very familiar to me pour is reminding me of what I know but its just not right, allegra has knocked it off what has been a steady course since opened. Looking forward to April.

Blanton's tasted pretty nice as an opener, so I decided to follow it up with Rock Hill...

• I like it 4

1792 Single Barrel. About half way through the bottle and it has gotten really good.

8 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Blanton's tasted pretty nice as an opener, so I decided to follow it up with Rock Hill...

Ok, rub it in.. JK.. Can’t get/find RHF here.. Blanton’s yes, and even though overpriced is always sold out. BT puts out most of my favs! :) 

HMcK BIB 10 yr - 2 oz. with a small cube now melted, taking it down to about 94 proof.  OMG, did the water open this up.  I usually like the BIB neat, but tonight wanted to stay awake.  I may have to have another, this is so good.

Waiting for MoCo to get some back in stock. It’s on sale till the end of the month but none in stock. Not sure who decided to put it on sale when they haven’t had any in a couple months.

I think this is right where I wanted it to be. Compared to OWA it’s richer and sweeter where OWA is brighter and more tart. Perfect proof for this I think at just shy of 111.
IMG_2512.jpg

• I like it 2

1792BIB - can finally enjoy & finish off the open bottle now that I've got 2 to replace it.

EE66782A-7FA7-4EE0-AC2D-F1CC54421AD3.thumb.jpeg.ebbc14668bc26668c8051bdeb10cb71c.jpeg

I recently had a bottle of this and I agree it is a solid bottle for the price. But I still think old faithful, Wild Turkey 101 stands up better for me.

I recently had a bottle of this and I agree it is a solid bottle for the price. But I still think old faithful, Wild Turkey 101 stands up better for me.

WT101 by a mile! [emoji6]
  • I like it 1

2 minutes ago, BigPapa said:

No issues with that sir.. Those know I’m a WT fan as well.. Wide selection of WT in the Hollywood abode! ;)

Just saying I enjoy this at $16.99, WT101 costs me another $10 spot on top of.. Got plenty of gobble in the stable here..

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Started with an after work pour of Weller SR. Good, but... Mrs.Joe had an appointment after work, and would be late getting home. So I ended up getting a few things done around the house. Happy wife.... :D Next pour was OWA .  Happy hubby. “Know what I mean Vern?”  ^_^

Biba! Joe

There have been times in the past that I knowingly and wantingly climbed the Weller Ladder. Tonight wasn’t really one of those times, however..... Mrs. Joe finally got home. We ate supper, and kicked back and relaxed while watching a little tv. Much to our surprise a Michael Bublé special came on after The Voice. In the glass now is a healthy pour of 2017 WLW. What a way to end a pretty decent day. Really great bourbon coupled with some really great music. Nuff ced. :)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Yum. 

This stuff is so darn good to me!

D834C39E-6A0C-4C26-AACC-12C5DAE17D4A.jpeg

I loved it when I first opened it. Bought two extras for the bunker. Went back five days later...two weeks later....four weeks later.....I just didn’t like it as much. Just overwhelming sweetness to me. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.