kevinbrink

Elmer T Lee 100

fishnbowljoe

I personally like the idea that BT/Saz is honoring Elmer with a 100th Birthday bottle. I'll definitely be a buyer as long as the stores ain't being taters about it. <_< One store here has been selling ETL (when they get any) at suggested retail of around $39.99. Another store a little farther away (tater!) was selling it at @$69.99 over a year ago. I can only hope...........

Biba! Joe

elmer2.jpeg

• I like it 3

PaulO
22 hours ago, Kepler said:

I hope this ETL 100 is better than the ETL 90th Birthday edition that I sampled years ago at Delilah's in Chicago.  It was so bad that I'm convinced there was severe oxidation or something going on with that particular bottle.  It was a very low fill level that I didn't notice until I had already ordered it.  I learned a lesson then to think twice before ordering a high dollar dram from an almost empty bottle.

Maybe that bottle had a bad cork?  Several years ago, I remember some grumbling about "corked" bottles, but I thought it was the regular version.

My bottle of 90th Birthday was good, nothing wrong with it, but not far from the standard profile.

Kepler
1 hour ago, PaulO said:

Maybe that bottle had a bad cork?  Several years ago, I remember some grumbling about "corked" bottles, but I thought it was the regular version.

My bottle of 90th Birthday was good, nothing wrong with it, but not far from the standard profile.

Yes there had to be something wrong with it.  I assume it was not representative of the other 90th bottles. I probably should have asked the bartender to replace it with something else but I didn't.  I enjoy regular ETL.

FriendlyEdgar
On 4/13/2019 at 12:45 AM, Kepler said:

It was so bad that I'm convinced there was severe oxidation or something going on with that particular bottle.  It was a very low fill level that I didn't notice until I had already ordered it.  I learned a lesson then to think twice before ordering a high dollar dram from an almost empty bottle.

Oxidation is not necessarily a bad thing... the first ever 3 pours I had of RHF were last summer (2018) and were the last 3 pours of a 2014 bottle at a bar. They were 3 of the best pours I have ever had! So much so that I have been highly disappointed in all the 2017 and 2018 bottles I have tried since! At least I've had no trouble trading RHF for ETL! Hopefully that will still work with ETL 100!