GaryT

George Dickel Bottled in Bond

kevinbrink

FYI it looks like this just hit in CA

FasterHorses

I want a case of this now. Ive come full circle. 

• I like it 4

mbroo5880i

I have only had one bottle of Dickel 12 which I did not enjoy as I noted the strong vitamin note.  Does this one differ enough to attempt another try?

lcpfratn

This hit my area this week, so I picked up a couple of bottles. If you like Dickel at all, you will really like this. This is probably the best priced new release that I’ve ever seen...13+ years old and bottled at 100 proof for around $35...it doesn’t get much better than that!

• I like it 2

Marekv8
4 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

This hit my area this week, so I picked up a couple of bottles. If you like Dickel at all, you will really like this. This is probably the best priced new release that I’ve ever seen...13+ years old and bottled at 100 proof for around $35...it doesn’t get much better than that!

I don’t know, I saw the new Quinta Ruban 14 for $34.99 at a grocery store this weekend— now that’s value. 

• I like it 1

lcpfratn

I don’t know, I saw the new Quinta Ruban 14 for $34.99 at a grocery store this weekend— now that’s value. 

Can’t argue with that, but you live in the land of milk and honey when it comes to great prices on spirits. My bet is the new Quinta Ruban 14 will be priced around $60 in my area whenever it gets here. The cheapest I can find the current version is $49.99, but many stores have it priced at $59.99.

flahute
On 6/12/2019 at 3:10 PM, lcpfratn said:

What's the vitamin quotient? 

lcpfratn
What's the vitamin quotient? 

We both know that my tolerance level for the Dickel “vitamin quotient” is much higher than yours, so there’s that! It’s certainly not as prominent as No.12, but it is there. I’d say it’s a bit more prominent at 100 proof and 13 years old than some of the cask strength 13 to 14 year old bottles I’ve gotten from several different NDPs. Our local NDP, Blue Note was able to acquire a lot of well aged Dickel barrels that hide the vitamin quotient very well...although I can still tell it’s Dickel, and you definitely would. At $35 though, it’s not like you’re spending a lot, so just go ahead and buy a bottle!

flahute
2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

We both know that my tolerance level for the Dickel “vitamin quotient” is much higher than yours, so there’s that! It’s certainly not as prominent as No.12, but it is there. I’d say it’s a bit more prominent at 100 proof and 13 years old than some of the cask strength 13 to 14 year old bottles I’ve gotten from several different NDPs. Our local NDP, Blue Note was able to acquire a lot of well aged Dickel barrels that hide the vitamin quotient very well...although I can still tell it’s Dickel, and you definitely would. At $35 though, it’s not like you’re spending a lot, so just go ahead and buy a bottle!

That's an amazing price for 13yrs so I may just take the plunge.

• I like it 2