What Dram Are You Enjoying Summer 2019

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

15 hours ago, Vosgar said:

A Trojan lubricated??? Dave, you're freaking me out buddy. I haven't had this years bottle, and even though I'm a big Laphroaig fan I'm now ruined for trying it (much less buying one). I'll never be able to get past that description :blink:

Sorry, I’ll go back to Dewar’s White Label and keep it clean. 

• I like it 1

LOL! [emoji23]

5 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

At least it was in the aroma section, and not palate. B)

• I like it 1

After a very long work week it's time for a nice dram of my favorite blended spirit; just love the combination of the Talisker, Cragganmore, Linkwood and the Caol Ila.

1963830663_GreenLabel.thumb.jpg.2424584c1034619de03047b63f1b3076.jpg

• I like it 5

After a very long work week it's time for a nice dram of my favorite blended spirit; just love the combination of the Talisker, Cragganmore, Linkwood and the Caol Ila.

1963830663_GreenLabel.thumb.jpg.2424584c1034619de03047b63f1b3076.jpg

I’m a also big fan of JW Green Label 15yr. One of the few JW brands that I consider a true value. Yeah, JW Red is fairly cheap, but that doesn’t make it a value. I do like JW Black occasionally too, but it’s still not as good a value as the Green Label.
  • I like it 1

7 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

LOL! What's the fun in that?

• I like it 1

This finally goes into the recycle bin. I was never a fan neat, but recently found that it complements salty and strong cheese reasonably well.

IMG_20190705_184125.jpg

couple young IB's. i'm transitioning heavily into spirit-driven drams and these both readily suffice, albeit with very different profiles. especially at less than $90 between the two. 

4B3882FD-990F-4745-92DE-5789D7BF851D.thumb.jpeg.9bc558772009562726bb3c4cd383b6fb.jpeg

• I like it 4

After 6 hours of yard work in the mid 90s-- a wee nip of chilled White Walker corrected with a dash of Clynelish 14.

IMG_1820.thumb.jpg.f8d3379e1d893b7463c70b1c165e70c4.jpg

• I like it 1

Opened it last night and enjoyed a dram with my son.  I've had the bottle for a bit and was terrified to open it lest it not be what I remember the first time I had it.......all fears allayed, it was absolutely fantastic!

pic.jpg

• I like it 4

Opened it last night and enjoyed a dram with my son.  I've had the bottle for a bit and was terrified to open it lest it not be what I remember the first time I had it.......all fears allayed, it was absolutely fantastic!
pic.thumb.jpg.6ae04a8c48d0368c95667b94294d29b9.jpg

Had a pour of this tonight myself...great stuff!

On 6/29/2019 at 5:32 PM, kevinbrink said:

That's the only one of the 4 I didn't pick up, by the time I decided to grab one it was gone from the shelves around here and I never made much of an effort to find one. The other three certainly have noticeable finishes but far from dominating to me. The PX was to my taste buds really kind of atypical in a way where I really enjoyed it. 

I went back to the same store and he had the full Cuatro series open for tasting-- saving me the cost of further exploration. For my palate, the FINO offered the least predictable and most unusual experience, so I felt good about my original pick.

• I like it 1

29 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

I went back to the same store and he had the full Cuatro series open for tasting-- saving me the cost of further exploration. For my palate, the FINO offered the least predictable and most unusual experience, so I felt good about my original pick.

I'll have to see if I can find one, may as well complete the set anyway ;) 

• I like it 1

After a sketchy 2 mile walk to a CT Total Wine that netted nothing, a Glenfiddich 12 at the hotel bar. My only other Single Malt choice was a Glenlivet 12, which I guess is my next call. 

1C730353-EB42-4915-9525-C8131666ED16.thumb.jpeg.4664b13db3346bd721b19e2b3f8a058f.jpeg

It's rare to be knocked out by someone's home bar, but to be dealt a double blow with an offer to sample this 38yo CS Glendullan was a delightful surprise. 

IMG_1861.thumb.jpg.8b267dd5190d6fa9c5d64e43b140720d.jpg

• I like it 3

13 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

It's rare to be knocked out by someone's home bar, but to be dealt a double blow with an offer to sample this 38yo CS Glendullan was a delightful surprise. 

Every once in a while........ :P

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Picked up a baby bottle for the hotel room... I think they’re going to strike gold with their target, as the “Scotch” has been completely dialed out.

9E49177C-3930-422C-AE17-EE20816AED81.thumb.jpeg.f7c21a1a0da8c0ac32fc6cb8a73f2027.jpeg

IMG_1861.thumb.jpg.8b267dd5190d6fa9c5d64e43b140720d.jpg

Dave, for you to be impressed by someone else’s home bar is high praise indeed!
  • I like it 1

Missed my flight due to the “heat” (whatever that means) so back at the airport bar with the only SMSW on offer— a Glenlivet 12. An incredibly generous pour. 

5E221E5B-9B26-4C2E-887F-79ED8CA098B1.thumb.jpeg.1cfdc4fc5e2e99cdaf6d189b9c14c6e3.jpeg

Picked this up today and decided to give it a try this evening. I have to say that this is probably one of the best bottles of Scotch that I’ve ever had!
IMG_6337.jpg

• I like it 1

Picked this up today and decided to give it a try this evening. I have to say that this is probably one of the best bottles of Scotch that I’ve ever had!
IMG_6337.thumb.jpg.64eee66dda90f93e8fa8160cf54e22a2.jpg

Screw you Jeff. Now I’m off to the liquor store. [emoji2959]
  • I like it 2

Screw you Jeff. Now I’m off to the liquor store. [emoji2959]

LOL! [emoji23]

16 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

6 hours ago, BigRich said:

Screw you Jeff. Now I’m off to the liquor store. emoji2959.png

Just remember Rich, you have to take into consideration that Jeff is a big fan of Dickel...... :D:D:D

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, BigRich said:

Screw you Jeff. Now I’m off to the liquor store. emoji2959.png

Sadly this has unfortunately gone from really expensive to "no thanks, not even at retail" for me.

On 7/10/2019 at 3:38 PM, Marekv8 said:

Missed my flight due to the “heat” (whatever that means) so back at the airport bar with the only SMSW on offer— a Glenlivet 12. An incredibly generous pour. 

Are you in Phoenix? It can happen in other places but it happens in Phoenix on a regular basis in the summer. High heat means less dense air. Less dense air means less lift. Less lift means your plane becomes a really odd looking bus,. That becomes really undesirable when you reach the end of the runway...

On the plus side it means time for more whisky!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.