smokinjoe

What Dram Are You Enjoying Summer 2019

Marekv8

I was forbidden from taking pics, but an officially bottled Glen Moray 8yo CS finished in Apple Cider casks (so failed to qualify as Scotch Whisky).

Interesting, but the previous content influence was too strong. 

• I like it 1

kevinbrink
11 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I was forbidden from taking pics, but an officially bottled Glen Moray 8yo CS finished in Apple Cider casks (so failed to qualify as Scotch Whisky).

Interesting, but the previous content influence was too strong. 

Intriguing, especially if it is in line with their normal pricing. The 100% Chardonnay Cask maturation they did a couple years back was definitely over the top influence wise but I liked it all the same, was actually one of my favorite whiskies that year a particularly good malt for late spring through early fall.  

Marekv8
1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

Intriguing, especially if it is in line with their normal pricing. The 100% Chardonnay Cask maturation they did a couple years back was definitely over the top influence wise but I liked it all the same, was actually one of my favorite whiskies that year a particularly good malt for late spring through early fall.  

Becky Paskin from scotchwhisky.com had brought the bottle over as a wild card for the seminar, but the labeling/liquid was not SWA approved so was probably never actually for sale. 

• I like it 1

kevinbrink
1 minute ago, Marekv8 said:

Becky Paskin from scotchwhisky.com had brought the bottle over as a wild card for the seminar, but the labeling/liquid was not SWA approved so was probably never actually for sale. 

Shame, thanks for the info regardless

Marekv8
1 minute ago, kevinbrink said:

Shame, thanks for the info regardless

I’ll try to get some better info for you, she literally lunged at the empty bottle when I tried to take a pic of it. 

Lots of odd things over the course of the event, including the Fernet-Branca challenge coin with the unbelievable typo— making it the “Inverted Jenny” of bartender culture.

• I like it 1

tanstaafl2
11 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I’ll try to get some better info for you, she literally lunged at the empty bottle when I tried to take a pic of it. 

Lots of odd things over the course of the event, including the Fernet-Branca challenge coin with the unbelievable typo— making it the “Inverted Jenny” of bartender culture.

The unbelievable part being???

Marekv8
45 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

The unbelievable part being???

EB477D21-53BF-45CA-9CE4-18A065D9C513.thumb.jpeg.911ccec081d3e9724c35b9dc9271b830.jpeg

tanstaafl2
3 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

EB477D21-53BF-45CA-9CE4-18A065D9C513.thumb.jpeg.911ccec081d3e9724c35b9dc9271b830.jpeg

Ah! Probably how alligators spell it...