Jump to content
PhantomLamb

Double Eagle Very Rare

Recommended Posts

tanstaafl2
17 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

This just went up for a lottery pick on the PA Wine and Spirits site, MSRP of $2k.  

 

https://www.gobourbon.com/double-eagle-very-rare-has-landed-from-buffalo-trace/

 

Looks pretty cool but a tad gaudy with the packaging and way too pricy for my blood.

 

 

Not sure what the over the top packaging costs but probably not $1800 for this bottle that is (for me) about a $200 at best whiskey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Black Tot

At least the advertising department improved upon their working title for this release...

 

"66 Times Price, Very Dubious."

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry in WashDC

As I read this, I'm sipping on an other 90 proofer - AAA.  Maybe a SBS will convince me the $2,000 MSRP on the DEVR20 is worth it.

 

Or not.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokinjoe
36 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

As I read this, I'm sipping on an other 90 proofer - AAA.  Maybe a SBS will convince me the $2,000 MSRP on the DEVR20 is worth it.

 

Or not.

All I know is, I can’t wait to hear where you park this one once you get it home, Harry!  

Behind dining room door?  Trash can?  Car trunk?  Basement?  :D

 

 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flahute
11 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

All I know is, I can’t wait to hear where you park this one once you get it home, Harry!  

Behind dining room door?  Trash can?  Car trunk?  Basement?  :D

 

 

It will be wherever the spiders are so his wife won't look there so I'm guessing that particularly dark and cobweby part of the basement is the spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeeTen
5 hours ago, flahute said:

It will be wherever the spiders are so his wife won't look there so I'm guessing that particularly dark and cobweby part of the basement is the spot.

Mrs. Harry in WashDC is NOT afraid of any spiders and knows where Harry stashes all of his stuff anyways.  He just thinks she doesn't know (heh, heh).  🤣

 

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeepCover

I ran across one last week for $19,500. 

 

I passed

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richnimrod
On 7/21/2019 at 11:22 AM, DeepCover said:

I ran across one last week for $19,500. 

 

I passed

Didja grab up a few?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jvd99

I'm holding out for Triple Double Rare Very, Very, Very Rare Eagle Rare B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richnimrod
6 hours ago, jvd99 said:

I'm holding out for Triple Double Rare Very, Very, Very Rare Eagle Rare B)

Ooooooooooh!  I think I need one of these!    Where can I place my order... or at least buy my lottery ticket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry in WashDC
7 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Ooooooooooh!  I think I need one of these!    Where can I place my order... or at least buy my lottery ticket?

Uh -- I think the labels are hand-made.  Just send me your $1000 money order (NO PERSONAL CHECKS!!), and I'll send you one.  Now, was that a " Triple Double Rare Very, Very, Very Rare Eagle Rare" or was it a "Double Triple, Extra Very Bonded Rare Eagle"?  I have both, you know.:ph34r:

 

MODS - I AM KIDDING!!  And, this offer is for the LABEL ONLY!

 

  • I like it 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeepCover
9 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Didja grab up a few?

I did not, but I believe they still have it.

 

D1711FE1-893B-4DD9-A492-540312C2A5E4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LCWoody

Curiosity has me wondering how many of these bottles will be opened...….. I don't mind paying a little more for something special, but this cant be that, "special"...….  and I know me, I would open it, and taste it, and smell it, and play with it, and snuggle it, and..... I think I just went to far...…. :huh:

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pyro273

NO bottle of liquor is worth $2K IMHO much less almost $20K.  I know of one bottle of PVW25 that's open, sitting behind the bar at Sage in the Aria where you can add it to a $300ish Pappy flight (1/2 oz pour) for $500 and it's going to take a hell of a night at the blackjack table to even think about going down that road.  This stuff is destined for that "fate" as well.  Being the BT fan that I am, I'd LOVE to find out how it tastes but I seriously doubt I'll ever find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaulO

Take ER 17 and age it 3 more years.  Wow, who would have known it gets so much more expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flahute
2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Curiosity has me wondering how many of these bottles will be opened...….. I don't mind paying a little more for something special, but this cant be that, "special"...….  and I know me, I would open it, and taste it, and smell it, and play with it, and snuggle it, and..... I think I just went to far...…. :huh:

What are you talking about? Nobody opens bottles of whiskey anymore!

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pyro273
8 hours ago, flahute said:

What are you talking about? Nobody opens bottles of whiskey anymore! 

Oh so true.  I told my wife that I intended to open the bottle of GTS that she got me as a gift and the look on her face was priceless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Vino
On 7/23/2019 at 2:25 PM, jvd99 said:

I'm holding out for Triple Double Rare Very, Very, Very Rare Eagle Rare B)

This is perfect:  only people with an NBA contract can afford it!

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry in WashDC
21 hours ago, flahute said:

What are you talking about? Nobody opens bottles of whiskey anymore!

Um, how come nobody told me about this new rule.  Darn.  Left out again!!  And I just picked up my first bottle of OF Rye today.  Now I'll never know how it tastes.

 

 

AS IF!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flahute
14 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Um, how come nobody told me about this new rule.  Darn.  Left out again!!  And I just picked up my first bottle of OF Rye today.  Now I'll never know how it tastes.

 

 

AS IF!

lolololol

The OF rye is good. I promise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BottledInBond
On 7/23/2019 at 1:25 PM, jvd99 said:

I'm holding out for Triple Double Rare Very, Very, Very Rare Eagle Rare B)

Sounds more like a new Jefferson’s product name

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0895
On 7/25/2019 at 8:39 AM, BottledInBond said:

Sounds more like a new Jefferson’s product name

Aged in a little mini barrel, tied to an eagles foot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richnimrod
38 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Aged in a little mini barrel, tied to an eagles foot...

...And... Flown over the stadium where the NFL Philly team plays their games; thus: double eagle!   HA!

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokinjoe
17 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

...And... Flown over the stadium where the NFL Philly team plays their games; thus: double eagle!   HA!

And me on a long Par 5!!! ( Like, Never...  :D)

 

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...