jtincher34

Michter’s 10 2018 vs. 2019

jtincher34

I have a bottle of each, saving one for when my daughter is born in October and the other I’m using as my “ante” for a bourbon fantasy football league I’m in. My question is has anyone had both and can you give your opinion on each and/or which one is better? I want to keep the good one for myself.

LCWoody

I haven't tried the '19, but I'm sure it will be better then the '18. (The '18 I had was ok) If I remember right there is a new MD or new Management (or something changed over their). So, Im sure they will try to put out a better bourbon. But remember, This is a single barrel bourbon, so lots of variation.

Welcome to SB.com

• I like it 1

JoeTerp

If your daughter is going to be born this October I would keep the 2019 for that (since it will be her birth year).

I've got a bottle set aside for each of my children's 21st's that I plan on opening then and sharing a drink with them.

• I like it 2

GeeTen
On 7/3/2019 at 9:36 PM, JoeTerp said:

I've got a bottle set aside for each of my children's 21st's that I plan on opening then and sharing a drink with them.

Did the same with my daughters, except they got cases of 1st Growth Bordeaux (1978/1981 Ch. Lafite Rothschild and Ch. Margaux) and magnums of each to drink on their 21st birthday dinner.  When they were 20ish, they didn't like red wines and asked for the money that the wines were worth - stupid me, I gave it to them (at my costs, not then current retail).  Then, when the older one wanted to have the magnums at her 21st birthday dinner, the younger one asked where "her" wine was.  And the rest is history since I don't have any of those beauties left in MY cellar for almost 20 years.  The joke is on Dad.  Gotta' love daughters (the mothers of our 5 grandchildren)!   😂

• I like it 7

Kepler

I've always wondered about this... do you all really save bottles for your children being born?  Is it for your children or  is possibly just an excuse to drink for yourself?  Sorry, I don't see the connection of a drinking hobby and having children.  I may be missing something however.

JoeTerp
22 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I've always wondered about this... do you all really save bottles for your children being born?  Is it for your children or  is possibly just an excuse to drink for yourself?  Sorry, I don't see the connection of a drinking hobby and having children.  I may be missing something however.

I do have a bottle for each of my children that I plan on saving until their 21st and opening it up and having it with them.  So while I do intend to have it with them, it's definitely more of an experience for me.

jtincher34

I wasn’t necessarily saving a bottle to drink with my daughter when she turned 21, my idea was more of a celebratory bottle to drink with cigars with friends when she’s born.