Virgin Bourbon formerly 7 yr 101 proof is now NAS

silverc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 7/13/2019 at 1:54 PM, Vosgar said:

Damn, another solid, age stated budget pour going by the wayside. Not surprising but still a shame. It's going to be tough to finish my only bottle, which is about 1/3 full, knowing I'll never get another one :(

I'll bring you one in the Spring.

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, BourbonJoe said:

I'll bring you one in the Spring.

Thanks Joe!!! Now I've got one more reason to look forward to the Sampler

• 4 months later...
On 8/11/2019 at 10:17 PM, cdcdguy said:

Is there a price difference in the two?

Price is the same for both. I've not seen a 7 year in months tho.

Regarding flavor difference, I don't think HH is dumb.

I would suspect they'll keep it 7yr for the first while that it's NAS, until enough people review it and say "it's pretty much the same as before", before they ratchet down the age.

• I like it 1

On 8/31/2019 at 5:37 PM, OnyourMark said:

I just bought a shelf of these while visiting relatives in Kansas......

I saw they had the 7 yr back in stock in KS, but they were 750s at $17 instead of 1.0L at $12.

2 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

I would suspect they'll keep it 7yr for the first while that it's NAS, until enough people review it and say "it's pretty much the same as before", before they ratchet down the age.

That's what Beam did with Knob Creek.  When the age statement first came off, the quality stayed "pretty much the same".  More recent batches... not so much. 

• I like it 1

• 3 months later...

I knocked out a couple of lingering pours recently, and instead of buying replacements, I decided to open something from my stores.  Looking at what I had put back in multiple bottles, I selected one of two bottles of VB.  I hesitated, but decided I can just buy some more, its in the store everytime I visit.  I was enjoying it so much, I thought maybe I better look it up, and sure enough, just discovered the age statement is gone.  Oh well, it certainly lives up to its value, and I do have another bottle WITH the age statement.  You only live once!

7 yr is still available near me.  Seeing 750s where I used to see 1L.  And seeing $20 (750) where I used to see $12 (1L), but it's still there...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.