Eagle Rare Allocated?

DEH1212
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I believe most BT products are allocated and have been for some time.  My understanding of the term allocated means that the item is not available to be ordered at any time from the distributor.  When they show up they show up and you take what you can get.  I would also point out that other than the recent Weller price increase BT has been pretty good thus far about keeping prices at their prior levels.  Most of the absurd pricing we see is the store jacking them up.  

Although not in my personal wheelhouse standard BT still seems like a fantastic value at $19.99 per.  I was a big big fan of WSR at <$20.  Approaching $30 and I think I am out.  And I am absolutely out on W107 @ $50.  That's the one move that really upset me over the past year, not because price went up, but that it did by 2.5x! Surprisingly W12 is still right around the $30  mark and I will happily pick up and enjoy my annual bottle.  ER, Baby Saz, and EH SmB are all still solid values.  As is Stagg Jr. (although again not in my wheelhouse).  I think EHTaylor SiB is a near perfect bourbon and while just a  tad pricier then I would prefer it really delivers an exceptional pour.  I have been out for nearly 9 months and am very much looking forward to my next chance to pick it up and revisiting.  I also very much like RHF, but that one is really hard to come by and also on the expensive side.  

• I like it 1

For several years here in NC the only BT Products that were on the shelf were Ancient Age, Bench Mark and Platinum 7X Vodka. Anything else (BT, ER10, CEHT, Blanton's, W12 or OWA) showed up once per quarter and you had to be lucky to catch it. In the last year or so ER has become plentiful again in NC. It still sells out, but it is replenished very quickly. This development happened to coincide with NC starting to purchase Wheatley Vodka, which lends some credence to the theory that it is allocated based on what other BT products a company, or in this case a State run ABC, is willing to stock. **Side note-when you can find it BT is $30 while the ER10 is only a few dollars more at $35.**

Edited by BDanner

I recall one thing Fishnboeljoe said after talking tp his contacts.

BT only distills the wheat mash bill bourbon one month a year.

So there is going to be a lot more mash bill 1 product.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.