Bourbon Decor

DEH1212
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not sure if anyone started a thread on Bourbon swag in the Bar or Mancave.  

Had this made local in Louisville.  1300 Games ready to go!

20190720_085730.jpg

20190720_085721.jpg

• I like it 10

Mortal Kombat on the screen that’s cool. Need Galaga, Street Fighter II.

Also Road Blaster, Toobin, Bad Dudes,

Smash TV, so much.

Based on some of the games you guys are throwing out there, I think we are of similar age :D  Altered Beast was one of my favorites, along with Double Dragon.  A little later came Tekken and Killer Instinct!  Man I spent way too much time and money in the arcade as a kid!

19 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Mortal Kombat on the screen that’s cool. Need Galaga, Street Fighter II.

Also Road Blaster, Toobin, Bad Dudes,

Smash TV, so much.

Bad Dudes is a great one! I remember playing something like Ninja Gaiden, but can’t remember if it was actually that. I remember a really fat boss at the end of the second level I always had a hard time with in the arcade. Later on Nintendo it seemed much easier. 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, macdad said:

Based on some of the games you guys are throwing out there, I think we are of similar age :D  Altered Beast was one of my favorites, along with Double Dragon.  A little later came Tekken and Killer Instinct!  Man I spent way too much time and money in the arcade as a kid!

I'm guessing I'm not of a similar age to you guys since I don't know what the hell you're talking about :blink: :D

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, Vosgar said:

I'm guessing I'm not of a similar age to you guys since I don't know what the hell you're talking about :blink: :D

Pong for you.  :D

Hell, the only other one I knew was Galaga, so I shouldn’t be talking...

;)

F3C6DC78-E37D-4C85-AD7A-31A18B11CAD6.jpeg

• I like it 3

2 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Pong for you.  :D

LOL, remember it well!  We had it at home and after about a minute of playing you were bored out of your mind. Pinball machines were my addiction

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

LOL, remember it well!  We had it at home and after about a minute of playing you were bored out of your mind. Pinball machines were my addiction

All pale before this...  :D

918DE9B8-F1CA-4AD1-9E20-AC077662B87D.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 1

Definitely played some Pong way back when.  But Dig dug was a early favorite.  By middle school it was the Sega Genesis and Altered Beast.  Then came Mortal Kombat.  “Finish him!” Good stuff.  Cool machine!

• I like it 1

Based on some of the games you guys are throwing out there, I think we are of similar age [emoji3]  Altered Beast was one of my favorites, along with Double Dragon.  A little later came Tekken and Killer Instinct!  Man I spent way too much time and money in the arcade as a kid!

Golden Axe from that time. Loved that game.

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Golden Axe from that time. Loved that game.

Forgot about that one!  It was a great game too!  Talk about a trip down memory lane!

As for bourbon swag, I have none.  I live in a 3 BR house with my wife and 3 teenage daughters.  There is no room for a man cave to put my stuff, and I don't think it fits my wife's idea of good decorating :D  Maybe when the kids move out... 

39 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

How ‘bout Asteroids? 

Made me think of the National Lampoon’s Vacation quote.  Rusty asking his cousin what video games he has.  “You got Asteroids?”  Cousin’s response, “No but my dad does.  Can’t even sit on the toilet some days.” 

• I like it 2

Bad Dudes is a great one! I remember playing something like Ninja Gaiden, but can’t remember if it was actually that. I remember a really fat boss at the end of the second level I always had a hard time with in the arcade. Later on Nintendo it seemed much easier. 

Sounds like Ninja Gaiden. So many classics.

Anyone remember a game I think mid 80s called Urban Champion, pre the first Street Fighter. You would punch guy into a sewer hole. People would line up to play the winner, it was bad but fun.

6 minutes ago, macdad said:

I live in a 3 BR house with my wife and 3 teenage daughters.

3 teenage daughters?? At least that gives you a great excuse for why you drink whiskey 

• I like it 4

28 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

The best...  :D

BEEA28F8-F8AB-4864-8F6F-209C5396E69E.jpeg

Tournament at the Gazebo next April!!!

BTW, I'm impressed you still remember how to fold a sheet of paper to make the football :P

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Tournament at the Gazebo next April!!!

BTW, I'm impressed you still remember how to fold a sheet of paper to make the football :P

I’m putting my money on Stu.  I figure with all of the titanium he has in his body, his right finger is probably Steve Austin like    He’ll be flicking FGs to the Gazebo from the West Wing...  

• I like it 1

Jeeeez!   The only ones of these I ever even heard of are Pong and Asteroids.   I guess I'm out of it.     

Wait!   I KNOW I'm out of it!   And, have known it for a long time.   This is just a little more confirmation.

Rage on gentlemen!   I'm enjoying the banter, even if I don't understand much of it.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.