What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Opened up a bottle of Bulleitt Barrel Strength (purchased about 3 years ago) which as many of you know means barrel strength Four Roses of some undetermined batch.

Pretty good!

• I like it 3

The Misses and I went to our favorite restaurant tonight. They have a really nice bourbon and rye selection. I was waffling between a few including Four Square 2005. I went with this BM. I had once of the early batches a year ago, and I really enjoyed it. This one wasnt hitting spot as well as that one. 

20191117_164526.jpg

Some ECBP C918 from a freshly opened bottle tonight. The nose on this one is fantastic. I can smell it from 5 feet away.

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 1

I tried the 2019 Four Roses LE. Very good. Obvious traditional Four Roses profile is present but there is that oaky influence from the older component (21 year OBSV right? Can’t remember for sure) of the blend so this doesn’t come off as sweet or fruity as some Four Roses releases. Still, delicious and I’m glad I found a bottle for sure. 

• I like it 4

Working on a WTKS PS from a local grocery store tonight. I realize it's not possible, but this whiskey seems to get more viscous as I get closer to the bottom of the bottle (and more delicious as well!). Its been open for over a year, so I guess it's just my memory playing tricks on me again.

• I like it 2

23 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My slightly older computer (cough cough :mellow:) was starting to have its share of glitches in the last few months, and was seemingly on its way to a slow and languishing death. I was in this same situation once before, so I decided to act before things got too out of hand. 

I'm slave driving my laptop for another two hard years. Holding out for 7 nanometer architecture, dammit!

A bottle of Michter's toasted barrel tonight. Brought it from home to Reno, so I could sip on something decent while smoking a cigar and wandering around Grand Sierra resort.  

5 hours ago, kiltedchef said:

A bottle of Michter's toasted barrel tonight. Brought it from home to Reno, so I could sip on something decent while smoking a cigar and wandering around Grand Sierra resort.  

Won $680 @ the GSR one time...good memories, without bourbon though...Enjoy the Michter's!!

IMG_3803.thumb.jpg.1d17d858dc0790f3f090490aba216a62.jpg

I was able to try a pour of Weller Full Proof at a local establishment tonight. A nice enough pour but nothing special. I wouldn’t kill yourselves finding one fellas.

• I like it 4

ER PS i bought today. Mashbill 1 is growing on me.  EHTBP is my reference point, so if I taste hints of that... im very happy. 

• I like it 1

First pour from my last handle of EC12, and damn is it good. I had a little RR SmB 10yr just before this. I without question lean heavily towards turkey rather than HH, but on this day HH wins this battle by a clear margin. 

20191119_201410.jpg

• I like it 6

2 hours ago, BigRich said:

I was able to try a pour of Weller Full Proof at a local establishment tonight. A nice enough pour but nothing special. I wouldn’t kill yourselves finding one fellas.

Had two pours over two separate nights a couple weekends ago and I was completely underwhelmed. It wasn’t a matter of it not meeting lofty expectations. It just wasn’t very good. 

• I like it 5

Had two pours over two separate nights a couple weekends ago and I was completely underwhelmed. It wasn’t a matter of it not meeting lofty expectations. It just wasn’t very good. 

Yeah, I was trying to be nice. The pour was healthy for $13 and the first I’ve seen around here. Nothing about it made me want a second.
  • I like it 2

Crummy day at work.

Crummy whiskey to match.

Then, when that’s gone... ‘18 GTS!

Things are getting better by the minute.

B5C089AA-7C1D-4F9A-AD26-74718CA6033F.jpeg

• I like it 10

Before the U of L game last night I went to dinner with my son, whose initials are JTS, so in honor of that (well we really just were curious) we had a pour of JTS Brown.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Had a good nose (candy corn, cinnamon) and didn't taste bad at all.  

• I like it 1

On 11/17/2019 at 8:45 PM, flahute said:

Opened up a bottle of Bulleitt Barrel Strength (purchased about 3 years ago) which as many of you know means barrel strength Four Roses of some undetermined batch.

Pretty good!

Do we know if current bottlings are still FR juice?

Are the Batch #s on the front label relevant to release date?  

I found a place that has this stacked deep at $40.  Mismarked, perhaps?  Everybody else has it for $60.   

40 minutes ago, Guss West said:

Do we know if current bottlings are still FR juice?

Are the Batch #s on the front label relevant to release date?  

I found a place that has this stacked deep at $40.  Mismarked, perhaps?  Everybody else has it for $60.   

It’s still in there but I don’t at what percentage of the ratio. 

It’s still in there but I don’t at what percentage of the ratio. 

What’s the other source for Bulleit other than 4R?

53 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

What’s the other source for Bulleit other than 4R?

All of it basically. I’ve personally seen with my own eyes barrels from Bream, BF, and Makers Mark. 

• I like it 3

Popped open a bottle of Virgin 7yr 101 last night....it is really so good for $13.  Hits all of those sweet notes I love...Brown Sugar, Dark Fruits, etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.