What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Tanked SW?

That's the story I heard and what a few online articles say about the 17.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 8:09 PM, Clueby said:

Passed on a Little Book 3 for $93 today, but only because I already have one (that I paid more for). Also OWA for $170.

I would never pass on a LIttle Book 3 for $93.  One of the best bottles of recent years.  I would buy a bunch at that price.

• I like it 1

On 12/30/2019 at 12:53 AM, Clueby said:

That's the story I heard and what a few online articles say about the 17.

Have sampled it and while trending to over oaked it had S-W hallmarks. That dark cherry cola zing. Very proud of their product price wise too. 

On 12/21/2019 at 7:09 PM, Clueby said:

Passed on a Little Book 3 for $93 today, but only because I have one

Ohhh this pains me. I so very much want another of these.

27 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Ohhh this pains me. I so very much want another of these.

I never got one. Oh well I'll drain my sorrows in the LB2's I have.

15 hours ago, Bbstout said:

I never got one. Oh well I'll drain my sorrows in the LB2's I have.

I really enjoyed LB2 as well.   I do think chapter 3 was a cut above and probably the best Beam product I have had to date

46 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I really enjoyed LB2 as well.   I do think chapter 3 was a cut above and probably the best Beam product I have had to date

I agree with this. I only had one pour, but I thought they did an incredible job of blending the different products to make a fantastic KSBW. 

On 1/8/2020 at 3:09 PM, JCwhammie said:

I agree with this. I only had one pour, but I thought they did an incredible job of blending the different products to make a fantastic KSBW. 

I'll pile on here.  I did not care very much for LB1 or LB2, but I thought LB3 was really great.

12 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

I'll pile on here.  I did not care very much for LB1 or LB2, but I thought LB3 was really great.

I believe they over thought 1&2, in that they were trying to be too innovative (throwing corn whiskey and malted whiskey in 1 and Canadian whiskey and Canadian rye in 2). They they got back to what they excel at, KSBW, for 3. Fingers crossed Fred sticks to that going forward. 

• I like it 1

While killing some time waiting for my sons to finish up their Kumon tutoring session, I stopped by a store that’s part of a local mini-chain of fancier than usual liquor purveyors.  Off the top of my head:

GTS - $800

OFBB - $550

Booker’s 30th - $500

OF BiB 9 year - $250

EC18 - $300

Rebel Yell 10 - $100

5 minutes ago, parksmart said:

Rebel Yell 10 - $100

You learn something new everyday... When did this happen? At first I thought it was just a random gouge attempt, but the Internet thinks otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Kane said:

You learn something new everyday... When did this happen? At first I thought it was just a random gouge attempt, but the Internet thinks otherwise.

What do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhino?

Elefino

?

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.