Getting Into Rum

PhantomLamb
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

What about Gunpowder version?

The extra proof helps a bit but it still seems to be more sweet than it should be. It hasn't been around that long, maybe three years? Maybe I have had more recent bottles because I usually have it as a float on a drink at my local tiki bar and they probably go through a lot of it. In fact I know they do!

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

The extra proof helps a bit but it still seems to be more sweet than it should be. It hasn't been around that long, maybe three years? Maybe I have had more recent bottles because I usually have it as a float on a drink at my local tiki bar and they probably go through a lot of it. In fact I know they do!

Cool, thanks for the heads-up Bruce!

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Thanks, I have it, tried it and liked it.  It was my re-introduction to rum way after my high school days of Ron Rico 151. :) It was recommended by the owner of a store near me so I tried it. i know it's from Panama, just didn't know where it fit in the rum hierarchy. Does not seem to be one of the overly sweet ones. It is finished in bourbon casks, that's why he said I should try it.

3 hours ago, mross said:

Thanks, I have it, tried it and liked it.  It was my re-introduction to rum way after my high school days of Ron Rico 151. :) It was recommended by the owner of a store near me so I tried it. i know it's from Panama, just didn't know where it fit in the rum hierarchy. Does not seem to be one of the overly sweet ones. It is finished in bourbon casks, that's why he said I should try it.

Gotcha. A lot of rum is finished in bourbon casks. Curious if there is any dosing in it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 6:38 PM, PhantomLamb said:

Gotcha. A lot of rum is finished in bourbon casks. Curious if there is any dosing in it.

I am curious if it is really 21 years old or if some “solera” shenanigans are involved. I suspect it is the later…

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.