Jump to content
lcpfratn

What water of life did you purchase - Fall/Winter 2019-20

Recommended Posts

Marekv8

Hopefully this is the last of the series, running out of room for these gigantic boxes. 
 

129F778D-8521-4F91-AB6E-FC17199E52C7.thumb.jpeg.7a356bcec179bdb22fb3a4b26e23ca29.jpeg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Widebody

YFcCBA1.jpg

 

On the hunt for bourbon county stout and a local shop had some Black Friday deals so I picked this up for about 10 bucks off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Woke up with a stranger in my hotel room…

 

IMG_3477.thumb.jpg.5123ebfa118d97ff631ce918456ed40d.jpg

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry in WashDC
1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Woke up with a stranger in my hotel room…

 

IMG_3477.thumb.jpg.5123ebfa118d97ff631ce918456ed40d.jpg

He, she, or it sure doesn't drink much.  That bottle looks full.:o

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Now it's gotten Stranger & Stranger…

 

IMG_3478.thumb.jpg.5d6f3100e6cf7abcedab38c1b5bdde27.jpg

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit
Woke up with a stranger in my hotel room…
 
IMG_3477.thumb.jpg.5123ebfa118d97ff631ce918456ed40d.jpg


Very nice, there standard 10 year is on my very short list to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit
The Daftmill was a huge surprise... and a cool affirmation of good karma.
 
IMG_3425.thumb.jpg.81e98f127ef9da7d59c2be6537213540.jpg
 
IMG_3414.thumb.jpg.bec14c6a879ee62d9fd26120e07f959e.jpg


Read something on the Daftmill that it was only available to bars at least in the UK?
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8
40 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

 


Read something on the Daftmill that it was only available to bars at least in the UK?

 

This is the first Stateside Daftmill release and seems to be going underground quickly. The initial UK releases last year were surrounded by a BTAC-like frenzy. I reeled in a bottle as a gift to my favorite LS owner last year and he surprised me last week with a gift of this new release. It’s really great Lowland whisky and a shame that so few bottles are being opened and enjoyed. 

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Last pickup on my way to WhiskyFest... the conversations here in the pre-opening queue are priceless. 
 

73017173-E996-47EE-A66B-D664E8F06EF4.thumb.jpeg.ebd1b7fd309f84b299b8f457f04f13ec.jpeg

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit
This is the first Stateside Daftmill release and seems to be going underground quickly. The initial UK releases last year were surrounded by a BTAC-like frenzy. I reeled in a bottle as a gift to my favorite LS owner last year and he surprised me last week with a gift of this new release. It’s really great Lowland whisky and a shame that so few bottles are being opened and enjoyed. 


Is there a suggested retail for this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit
Woke up with a stranger in my hotel room…
 
IMG_3477.thumb.jpg.5123ebfa118d97ff631ce918456ed40d.jpg



Very nice, there standard 10 year is on my very short list to try.


Ended up getting the 14yr aa it was only $54. This is not bad but not all that great. Had a pour of Springbank 10, right after and thought it was much better and it’s only a few bucks more.

IMG_8487.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8
4 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

 


Is there a suggested retail for this one?

 

Supposedly $250.00, but with the tariff frenzy it could be higher.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8
1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

 

 


Ended up getting the 14yr aa it was only $54. This is not bad but not all that great. Had a pour of Springbank 10, right after and thought it was much better and it’s only a few bucks more.

IMG_8487.jpg

 

 


A sister pour of Springbank 10 after surviving WhiskyFest tonight. Interesting evening. 
 

89D41900-C535-4A10-9DCB-E07802A44AC7.thumb.jpeg.3e1cecc55ba224554b379443b33cc3e6.jpeg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoustonNit
Supposedly $250.00, but with the tariff frenzy it could be higher.  


Seems a bit high for a 12 year but I’m clueless as well as an extreme cheapskate.

I guess to put it in perspective stuff like a BTAC is arguably under priced considering how quick it moves and the secondary pricing. If this is as popular that’s probably the right price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
5 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Last pickup on my way to WhiskyFest... the conversations here in the pre-opening queue are priceless. 
 

73017173-E996-47EE-A66B-D664E8F06EF4.thumb.jpeg.ebd1b7fd309f84b299b8f457f04f13ec.jpeg

I have a feeling that this will be a choice pour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8
34 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I have a feeling that this will be a choice pour


Yes; they also had a 10yo Edradour fresh Oloroso that was crazy blood-like opaque, but this one seemed to be the weirder pick—

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
15 hours ago, Marekv8 said:


Yes; they also had a 10yo Edradour fresh Oloroso that was crazy blood-like opaque, but this one seemed to be the weirder pick—

A Sauternes Ballechin is one of my favorite Malts I've had. 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigPapa
YFcCBA1.jpg
 
On the hunt for bourbon county stout and a local shop had some Black Friday deals so I picked this up for about 10 bucks off

Really good deal.
I unfortunately did not enjoy it that much. Is it good? Yes, but probably my least favorite out of there lineup. I like the 10 year better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vosgar
On 12/3/2019 at 4:16 PM, Marekv8 said:

Last pickup on my way to WhiskyFest... the conversations here in the pre-opening queue are priceless. 
 

73017173-E996-47EE-A66B-D664E8F06EF4.thumb.jpeg.ebd1b7fd309f84b299b8f457f04f13ec.jpeg

I think you'll like it. I've got this bottle from Signatory, not quite the proof of yours, but it's damn good

 

P1100866.JPG

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8
1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

I think you'll like it. I've got this bottle from Signatory, not quite the proof of yours, but it's damn good

 

P1100866.JPG

Looks great-- you would think Edradour would have home field advantage at Signatory. The TSA ransacked my bags heavily tonight-- so hopefully I'll find everything intact shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Widebody
16 hours ago, BigPapa said:


Really good deal.
I unfortunately did not enjoy it that much. Is it good? Yes, but probably my least favorite out of there lineup. I like the 10 year better.

I agree the 10 is better, but for the price I paid I’m not disappointed.  Sometimes getting a deal makes things taste better 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

Arrived back to find a couple of new arrivals. This season tends to unearth interesting old stuff during year-end inventory. The Dalmore was apparently a BevMo exclusive (2013?) that ended up at another liquor store with a patina of multiple old price tags on the box top.

 

IMG_3490.thumb.jpg.1f6a8449fab048927b70e3548d4c8c49.jpg

 

IMG_3489.thumb.jpg.b2e526bceaa01c543ee5f28267808a5c.jpg

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry in WashDC

I was picking up a prepaid JAM Murray Hill Club I ordered at the "INTERNET DISCOUNT" and spotted a Compass Box Spice Tree (no box or tube, just the bottle) but with a "strange" label - sort of like I remembered from a few years ago when ST was first introduced.  The $60 price seemed OK, maybe even a little low for local prices for the CB ST I used to buy.  Turns out I bought a CB ST Extravaganza which IIRC has a US MSRP closer to $120.  Considering how much over WashDC MSRPs I have paid at that store over the years, we are closer to even.

 

They only had one.  No need to go looking for an other.

  • I like it 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry in WashDC
On 12/5/2019 at 9:51 AM, Marekv8 said:

Arrived back to find a couple of new arrivals. This season tends to unearth interesting old stuff during year-end inventory. The Dalmore was apparently a BevMo exclusive (2013?) that ended up at another liquor store with a patina of multiple old price tags on the box top.

 

IMG_3490.thumb.jpg.1f6a8449fab048927b70e3548d4c8c49.jpg

 

IMG_3489.thumb.jpg.b2e526bceaa01c543ee5f28267808a5c.jpg

Absolutely OFF-THREAD!  I love that counter/table top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
reeko

I'm currently enjoying a new Canadian whiskey release, it's a rye cask strength. It definitely rivals lot 40 CS, and it's a cheaper. I don't know if our neighbors to the south will be getting this. IMG_20191203_205207.jpg

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...