Opened My Most Cherished Bottle

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Fantastic and proud moment for you, no doubt!  May LilSJ have something as special planned for you and MrsSJ when a special life event occurs in the future.

Totally cool! 

Know what else is cool?

Having kids who are old enough to buy you liquor!

Congratulations on a beautiful family!

That's awesome!!!! Heck of a cool story and that's a good looking family right there.

Great post. I loved it... as a father of two daughters (5 and 9 yrs old) I know just how fast time is flying by. Really well done!

Congrats and thanks for sharing.  I am looking forward to my turns at a similar experience in 2035, 2037, and 2039.

Congrats and thanks for sharing.  I am looking forward to my turns at a similar experience in 2035, 2037, and 2039.

I’m in the same boat and wow I’d prefer no reminders of how long we’re waiting.
  • I like it 1

13 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

11 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I’m in the same boat and wow I’d prefer no reminders of how long we’re waiting.

Wow - How cool. 2032,  2035, 2037, and 2039 here as well. Just this year I got an EWSB 2011 vintage for the oldest since it is his birth year. Will have to step up my game to do it as well as @smokinjoe

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, GaryT said:

Awesome story Joe; thanks for sharing it with us!  What a great experience! 

I'd like to say I look forward to a similar experience when my son reaches maturity.... But, I fear I'm gonna lose out ... for a couple reasons.   HA!   ??

• I like it 1

Beautiful family. This makes me look forward to my own 2 kids opening their 21st birthday bottles even more. I bought them both a bottle of EW Single Barrel for their birth year and I still have a few to go but now I'm even more excited. Congrats

• 2 weeks later...

Great Foresight Joe, Congratulations on your steadfast patience and a special day with your daughter. 

While I did not have your foresight, about 10 years ago when I found out that Glenfiddich 30 yr (I know, wrong forum) would no longer be produced I went out and found a bottle to go with the one I had and gave one to my oldest on his 30th birthday and will give one to my youngest next year. To add a little to the story, I took them to Scotland about 6 years ago and they got to tour , and stay at the distillery. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.