Federal Reserve Green Label

Scuba Steve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I recently discover a bottle of "Federal Reserve Green Label" in a family collection I was cleaning out. I have been unable to find any information on who was the distillery  or who bottled it. I would have assumed since its "The World's Finest Bourbon" I should have found something on it. It had been opened before we found it, did nose it, not bad but the taste was a other thing. I think they were wrong on the finest thing.

Just been sitting on the shelf and looking for some info help

Tanks

SS

547387939_greenLabel1.jpg.dd6a342f8ea44043e43423b9ecbe256c.jpg

Green Label 2.jpg

Green Label 3.jpg

1 hour ago, Scuba Steve said:

I recently discover a bottle of "Federal Reserve Green Label" in a family collection I was cleaning out. I have been unable to find any information on who was the distillery  or who bottled it. I would have assumed since its "The World's Finest Bourbon" I should have found something on it. It had been opened before we found it, did nose it, not bad but the taste was a other thing. I think they were wrong on the finest thing.

Just been sitting on the shelf and looking for some info help

Tanks

SS

547387939_greenLabel1.jpg.dd6a342f8ea44043e43423b9ecbe256c.jpg

Green Label 2.jpg

Green Label 3.jpg

Welcome to SB.  A search of SB using its search function in the upper right hand corner turned up an older thread discussing it.  If the link below doesn't work, let me know by hitting "Quote" below, and I'll pull up some stuff manually.  FWIW, and based on knowledge I have from outside SB but was acquired so long ago (circa 1982) so I'm not sure whether I am remembering correctly, I think it was released as a non-distiller/producer brand circa 1950.  Its brand name did attract the attention of the Federal Government re: "Could somebody get confused about whether this is a product of, or endorsed by, the Federal Reserve System?", but before anybody on either side took action, if any was warranted (like, "This bourbon is NOT legal tender"), the brand folded so the issue went away.  Also, if youo do a basic internet search for <"Federal Reserve" bourbon>, you'll get some hits, not many but some, mentioning it.

https://www.straightbourbon.com/community/topic/9701-bourbon-federal-reserve-1950/?tab=comments#comment-129808

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.