12-Sample Blind Taste Test

Theantiquetiger2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

For Thanksgiving today, I had a taste test set up.

Here is what we tasted and my score of each (before learning what they were).  There was four of us, and we were pretty close when it came to scoring

M2tDtDy.jpg

19 minutes ago, afmadd said:

Is the buffalo trace barrel select a barrel proof version of buffalo trace?

I think it was a single barrel pick BT. When I tasted it, I swore up and down it was PVW 12.  That was a damn good taste. 

• I like it 1

Never heard of  Burning Chair Bourbon Whiskey, but I like Dave Phinney wine.  I may have to try a bottle.

On 12/3/2019 at 7:49 AM, BourbonGuy said:

Never heard of  Burning Chair Bourbon Whiskey, but I like Dave Phinney wine.  I may have to try a bottle.

I had never heard of it either, but once I saw the bottle, I recognized it.  The bottle is the reason I’ve never given it a second look. 

I think you forgot to put a decimal between the one and the zero for piggyback?. I thought it was good for a mixer only. 
Looks like a good list. 

21 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

I think you forgot to put a decimal between the one and the zero for piggyback?. I thought it was good for a mixer only. 
Looks like a good list. 

The piggyback was damn good according to my blind taste. You can’t find it here in Louisiana, hadn’t reached here yet

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.