BOTM 12/19: Stagg Jr. (and friends)

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The honest truth is that paying a lot of money for a bottle of whiskey is part of the appeal for new joiners to the whiskey world. Overpaying is a fundamental element of taterdom. They don't just tolerate it they enjoy it.

• I like it 1

On 1/10/2020 at 4:06 PM, flahute said:

. . . a bottle of MGP Smoke Wagon for $175. 

I musta missed this one.  Haven't seen it in the wild.

Seriously, that part you wrote (and hereon I paraphrase or even misconstrue - you choose)  that bourbon zen may take many months, if not years, to reach as it involves tasting many versions on multiple occasions under various circumstances over some period to time to figure out what a person really likes compared to what that person finds acceptable struck home with me.  I wish there were a way to get "new to's" to take this as gospel at the front end of their journey.  It'd be less of a sprint to the next new, overpriced thing.  Learning the hard way, though, like some of the dusty clunkers I am slowly, ever so slowly, working through does have some lessons.

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I musta missed this one.  Haven't seen it in the wild.

Seriously, that part you wrote (and hereon I paraphrase or even misconstrue - you choose)  that bourbon zen may take many months, if not years, to reach as it involves tasting many versions on multiple occasions under various circumstances over some period to time to figure out what a person really likes compared to what that person finds acceptable struck home with me.  I wish there were a way to get "new to's" to take this as gospel at the front end of their journey.  It'd be less of a sprint to the next new, overpriced thing.  Learning the hard way, though, like some of the dusty clunkers I am slowly, ever so slowly, working through does have some lessons.

Thank you for being someone who gets it.

I'm still on the hunt for any remaining bunker clunkers. Like you, I have numerous stashes so even though I think I'm clear I'm still looking in all the dark corners.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.