Shell

Chart of Closed Distilleries - on wall at Buffalo Trace visitor center

Shell

Was able to visit eight KY distilleries last week for tours & tasting.  (Great experience.)

The Frankfort Buffalo Trace Distillery  tour and tasting was one of the most comprehensive (and was complimentary).

In the Buffalo Trace  center, they displayed a detailed and lengthy wall poster naming all the distilleries that closed, the reason for the closure, and which ones are still in operation.  As I recall, it went back to the early part of the 19th century.

Has anyone seen this chart and know  where I could obtain a copy (even an electronic  copy)?

Thanks,  Shell

Vosgar
3 hours ago, Shell said:

In the Buffalo Trace  center, they displayed a detailed and lengthy wall poster naming all the distilleries that closed, the reason for the closure, and which ones are still in operation.  As I recall, it went back to the early part of the 19th century.

Has anyone seen this chart and know  where I could obtain a copy (even an electronic  copy)?

Thanks,  Shell

If this is the one you're talking about, I got mine at Barton probably around 8yrs ago. IIRC, it was a whopping $5. However, I don't recall seeing it there, or anywhere, for quite a while

distilleries.jpg

Shell

That's the one. Thanks,  

I'll keep looking searching for a clear copy of it.

kcgumbohead

That is cool, I saw that and wanted to get one too.