What Dram are you enjoying Winter 2019/2020

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A cold and blustery day has me wanting this pour this afternoon. Peatiness with some black licorice and leather. Very nice

ballechin.jpg

• I like it 3
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marekv8

• kevinbrink

• Vosgar

• GaryT

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn't have anything unpeated open so I thought this needed rectifying. Cheers all!

A cold and blustery day has me wanting this pour this afternoon. Peatiness with some black licorice and leather. Very nice  

Comfort food…  

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

ballechin.jpg

Just logged in to post that I had determined it to be a holiday of sorts and that holiday is Ballechin Day, glad to see someone was already celebrating!

y4m7XLOFLLtvFecMD_up-YNycInOD2rFsZCw0Tsd

• I like it 2
16 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Just logged in to post that I had determined it to be a holiday of sorts and that holiday is Ballechin Day, glad to see someone was already celebrating!

y4m7XLOFLLtvFecMD_up-YNycInOD2rFsZCw0Tsd

I see we both have a cask 270 bottle. Interested to get your thoughts on it!

3 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

I see we both have a cask 270 bottle. Interested to get your thoughts on it!

It's the best of this lot, I like it quite a bit, interestingly despite the higher proof it's more balanced than the OB 10 year. All of these are good swimmers and I think I like them all better with a small splash with the exception of the K&L Bourbon Cask. There is a 10 year old Cask Strength Sauternes cask bottle that I am currently socially distanced from in Hackensack, that I'd love to try with it's siblings as I've often considered it one of the better malts I've had. 

I capped off my night with a tiny pour of that Laphroaig blend I put together and first impressions were positive. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.