Worst looking bottle

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 2/19/2020 at 6:38 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

With the references to the Willett Pot Still “genie bottle”,  I had to chuckle to myself this past weekend. Willet Pot Still 750’s and handles on the shelf behind the counter of one store. LIMIT ONE! 

Biba! Joe

Maybe the store management was trying ti inform their customers.   If you buy this, open it and taste it, consider the price - you will only need to buy one.  ?

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

Maybe the store management was trying ti inform their customers.   If you buy this, open it and taste it, consider the price - you will only need to buy one.  ?

true story ^^

I know I posted here before about the Willett Pot Still bottle, but all this talk of it reminded me of something from my past. I can hear the sighs from some of you folks that have been around a while. For all you new members, I’m known for my long, drawn out bad jokes, and long drawn out, bad stories. Being forewarned is being forearmed. :P

Anyway, as my user name suggests I was a bowler and a fisherman. In Indianapolis many years ago, I used to frequent the Galyans Trading Post store in the Castleton area for my fishing lures and equipment. Fortunately for me, I developed quite a good retaliationship with one of the sales associates there. On one trip to the store, they had a big sale going on that included some of latest and greatest fishing lures and equipment. My guy spotted me and asked what I was interested in. I pointed to a gaudy and glitzy lure that was supposed to be the best ever.  I asked him what he thought. I’ll never forget his answer.“Ya’ know Joe, lures are made to catch fish. But they’re also made to catch fishermen too.”  He just grinned and pointed out another rather ordinary looking lure and said he thought I’d probably be happy with it. I bought three or four, and he was right. I was happy.

I really believe this relates to our little hobby here. I readily admit that I’ve bought bourbons just because of a fancy or different bottle. And yes, one was a Willet Pot Still a number of years ago. For the price I paid for it even back then, I could have bought three HH 6  BIB’s. Hmmmm.? 

Buba! Joe

• I like it 10

3 hours ago, Shizzy said:

Blahhhhhh.  I'd rather have the old bottle and its contents.  Uhhhhhhh...thanks HH ?

Heaven-Hill-Bottled-in-Bond-7-Years-Old.thumb.jpg.6f20931a63033cb908d3b3061d1fe81f.jpg.

Agreed.  The bottle, contents, and price of the old white label bottle.

Or even the green label bottle.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an email from MM the other day announcing a new bottle for the Cask Strength. It's basically the same shape as their standard bottle but with clear labeling ala the MM101 Gift Shop/Travel Version. Huge downgrade in my opinion. I like the squatty bottle with raised lettering and paper strip with the hand written proof information.

IMG_8146.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.