Mislabeled Elijah Craig?

Theantiquetiger2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 2/15/2020 at 11:08 AM, Theantiquetiger2 said:

Can some one do this math for me?

a 10 year old barrel, let’s say 130 proof, cut to 94 proof, what should the yield be?

They got 192 bottles

Working backwards from 192 bottles, 750mL each, of 94 proof comes to 27.5 gallons (roughly) in the barrel at 130 proof.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:44 PM, Richnimrod said:

HUH?   Now that's another head-scratcher, ain't it?   This just keeps getting more and more peculiar, don't it?

One thing to consider , were the two samples weighed at the same temperature?  If they weren't the same temp that can affect the weight readings

8 hours ago, VAGentleman said:

One thing to consider , were the two samples weighed at the same temperature?  If they weren't the same temp that can affect the weight readings

Yes, exact same room temperature.  But I will put this to rest tomorrow when I use my hydrometer on them (that came today, but I’m at work)

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, VAGentleman said:

So, temperature cannot affect the weight of whiskey, but it can affect density,  which is why a hydrometer is calibrated to be used at specific temperatures 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2020 at 9:52 PM, Theantiquetiger2 said:

Yes, exact same room temperature.  But I will put this to rest tomorrow when I use my hydrometer on them (that came today, but I’m at work)

What did the hydrometer say?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.