Jump to content

Looking for a recommendation


This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Hhhhmm.  Maybe it was the circumstance.  I will try it again, but likely it will be somebody else's 750.  More than once, my first impression was off.

Definitely an odd profile, full of prunes, not a $90 bottle. But very cool if you are in the mood. I find it to be nice in between a daily and something really strong flavored. Lately my final pours have been of copper fox or big stick. But I just picked up a willet 4 I'm really happy with.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry in WashDC
20 hours ago, Mattk said:

Definitely an odd profile, full of prunes, not a $90 bottle. But very cool if you are in the mood. I find it to be nice in between a daily and something really strong flavored. Lately my final pours have been of copper fox or big stick. But I just picked up a willet 4 I'm really happy with.

No kidding.  Copper Fox?  I still  have a partial bottle of Rick Wasmund's early malt "less than 90 days old".  Bought it 2007-2010 or so on a whim as it was a malt whisky "Made in Virginia".  Maybe I'll go find it . . .

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2
On 5/1/2020 at 9:05 PM, Mattk said:

Has anyone tried a from this year?

Never heard of it. Have to admit at first read I thought maybe it was some rare bird species! Given it appears to be exclusive to PA which is in full liquor lockdown I am not going to see one anytime soon. But given it is a 2yo craft rye at $47 I am not likely to buy one anyway. Given the PA Big Brother liquor sales monopoly I am not inclined to buy liquor in PA in general.

 

 Now if someone is pouring some...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by tanstaafl2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone see an old Carter batch 5 or 6 straight rye yet? I've come across many more then I thought I would. I'm going to at least try one of each.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 5:25 PM, Mattk said:

Anyone see an old Carter batch 5 or 6 straight rye yet? I've come across many more then I thought I would. I'm going to at least try one of each.

Did you end up trying one of the new batch 5 or 6 ryes yet? Looks like they will show up here soon, so curious what it’s like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kipe said:

Did you end up trying one of the new batch 5 or 6 ryes yet?

I have not. I'm planning on opening it on father's day. I am hoping it drinks like a higher proof bonesnapper. But I'll make sure to post after I taste it

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like the rye version 5 - taste like the holidays to me.   Brown sugar, molasses, cherries, etc.   Not as powerful as I would have hoped for the price, but great nonetheless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I actually ended up drinking a hotchsteader's 16 on father's day. Still haven't gotten around bro opening the old Carter

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.