Sign in to follow this  
Kyjd75

Bardstown Bourbon Co. Discovery Series #2

Kyjd75

I was back in Bardstown yesterday at the Bardstown Bourbon Co., working on details for a meeting that an Association of which I am a member, will be having later this year.  After that was accomplished, I decided to have lunch at their Bottle and Bond restaurant.  They have some of the best salmon I've ever eaten, so I took advantage of the opportunity.  I was by myself, so I sat at the bar.  Had an interesting conversation with the fellow next to me, who was from Glasgow, Scotland.  You could tell it from his accent (I'm sure he found ours equally interesting/amusing).  Before leaving I drifted over to the gift shop.

I decided to gift myself a bottle of their Discovery Series #2 bourbon.  Yes, I know it is sourced, and grossly overpriced, but I thought I'd give it a try and see what it was.  What it is, is very good bourbon.  122 proof, but not overly hot nor overly oakey.  It required only a touch of water to make it very drinkable.  Obviously, at $129/bottle it is not going to be a regular purchase for me, but as a one time try I was pleased at how it turned out.  Pictures:

fullsizeoutput_2a42.jpeg

IMG_3152.jpg

fullsizeoutput_2a44.jpeg

• I like it 2

PaulO

It makes me wonder.  A person could check the mash bill percentages in the Whiskey Tree thread, maybe make some hypothesis. 🧐 I give credit to Bardstown Bourbon Co. for putting that much information on the label.

• I like it 1

CUfan99

Wouldn’t the options for the 10 year portion be WT, HH and JB? A certain WT blogger suggested recently that WT was in it. However, he also suggested the Four Gate Foundation batch 5 was WT, which was later denied by Eddie Russell. 

smokinjoe
57 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

Wouldn’t the options for the 10 year portion be WT, HH and JB? A certain WT blogger suggested recently that WT was in it. However, he also suggested the Four Gate Foundation batch 5 was WT, which was later denied by Eddie Russell. 

Don’t listen to bloggers.  

• I like it 4

Kyjd75
Posted (edited)

Revisited this today.  I'm telling you guys, this is pretty good stuff.  I know about all the negatives, etc., but I'm talking from right now and how it is tasting to me.  Very good bourbon.

Edited by Kyjd75
  • I like it 1