EHT Single Barrel picks

Whiskeythink.com
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A local LS today released an EHT SnglB store pick. It was gone in hours, of course. Is this a new barrel pick program for BT? Anyone tried one?

Looks like a barrel select Sazerac Rye is coming down the line now too. The sample Ive seen was barrelled in November 2013, which makes it at least 7+ years old. Im super excited

EHTSiB picks are very limited - I think only 6 of them this year. No idea how they decide who gets them.

Like Flahute said it's very limited.  I got one last year and it's the best CEHT I've ever had, and CEHT is one of my favorites.

Interesting, although the CEHT SB that I had was very meh. But I'd probably pass regardless cause I'm sure handles would compete with Willet picks in terms of cost and lines out the door. 

11 hours ago, flahute said:

EHTSiB picks are very limited - I think only 6 of them this year. No idea how they decide who gets them.

I heard the same 5 or 6 total across country this year. Binnys and Jack Rose being two of them.  But in 2021 it will be opened up and more retailers will be able to get a barrel  . . . allegedly.

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

A local LS today released an EHT SnglB store pick. It was gone in hours, of course. Is this a new barrel pick program for BT? Anyone tried one?

Warehouse?  I just heard they got a barrel of EH as well.  

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Warehouse?  I just heard they got a barrel of EH as well.  

I slept on this one...….not too happy about it

38 minutes ago, TehRegion219 said:

I slept on this one...….not too happy about it

Are you "in" with that store and/or the owner?  If not, you probably did not miss out as I heard very few were sold to public.  I rarely shop there

35 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Are you "in" with that store and/or the owner?  If not, you probably did not miss out as I heard very few were sold to public.  I rarely shop there

No, not part of the "in" crowd at this particular store. I pretty much pass it up on my way home daily. I seen the post on FB, but i'm sure most were sold by the time that hit the interwebz.  I did notice "X's" on the sidewalk last week and wondered if something like this had happened or was on the verge of happening.  I was able to snag the last bottle of their store pick WSR they had on the shelf (after ignoring them the week before.)  They have a few other store pick SiB's on the shelf.  I rarely shop there as well, but do pop in from time to time, especially if I miss out at Binny's. It's been a pretty safe bet that they get the same shiz around the same time (for a few more $ tho)

Edited by TehRegion219
#neverendingstory

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.