IW Harper 1960

Teddy49
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have 3 full decanter bottles from the early 1960's.

1. IW Walker 100 proof, 1955-1960 stamp intact

2. Old Fitzgerald Green Tournament Decanter, 1957-1963 stamp intact

3. Walker's Deluxe Bourbon, 8yr, stamp in place, but torn, no date but presumed prior to 1963

I am interested in valuations and if there is a market

We really aren’t into appraisal and such here. We also do not allow soliciting for sales or trades, since the buying, selling and trading of spirits without a license is illegal. The best advise I myself can give you  is to open  them up and see how you like them. It’s been said that the true value in a spirit is basically how much you like it.

• I like it 3

Too bad they aren't glass bottles.  Ceramic decanters from that era often have lead contamination issues from the glaze.  Maybe not so good for drinking.

• I like it 1

• 5 months later...
On 5/24/2020 at 6:49 PM, PaulO said:

Too bad they aren't glass bottles.  Ceramic decanters from that era often have lead contamination issues from the glaze.  Maybe not so good for drinking.

That's been my experience with ceramic decanters.    I remember, more than a decade ago now, finding a case of MIchter's ceramic jugs with Pennsy Dutch markings.   I thought I'd hit the jackpot but decided to buy just one jug to try before investing in the case.    Good move on my part.   What a shame to find a historic gem of a whiskey ruined by the ceramic.  

I'm actually in the midst of a Harper hunt, this one just arrived on Friday. I'm not interested in the liquid, but if you want to part with the empty decanter after either enjoying it or permanently damaging your brain-- I'm all ears.

IMG_5417.thumb.jpg.d0ff46e2171300fd09ba324eda9a9e0a.jpg

• I like it 3

• 1 month later...

This is a statue, advertising piece, not a decanter correct?

On 11/9/2020 at 12:54 PM, Marekv8 said:

I'm actually in the midst of a Harper hunt, this one just arrived on Friday. I'm not interested in the liquid, but if you want to part with the empty decanter after either enjoying it or permanently damaging your brain-- I'm all ears.

IMG_5417.thumb.jpg.d0ff46e2171300fd09ba324eda9a9e0a.jpg

7 hours ago, MDBourbon said:

This is a statue, advertising piece, not a decanter correct?

No, the upper cylinder of the top hat is the stopper with cork— it’s a “fifth” of KSBW. 

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

No, the upper cylinder of the top hat is the stopper with cork— it’s a “fifth” of KSBW. 

Gotcha.  I have this one. They looked similar but I couldn't see the opening. 

harper4.jpg

harper 3.jpg

Harper 1.jpg

harper 2.jpg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.