Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BottledInBond

Tours and gift shop Covid status?

Recommended Posts

BottledInBond

Has anyone heard when distillery gift shops and/or tours are opening back up? I have to take a road trip coming up and would normally stop at a place or two but can’t find much on if/when any are opening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
markandrex

I know that several have reopened with restrictions.  Call ahead and you may be able to hit quite a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe

I read an article that distilleries are allowed to open June 8th. I’ve touched base with the folks at BT, and they will be opening on July 1st with many changes. Please stay tuned.

 

Biba! Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flahute

As Joe said, June 8th is when they are allowed to reopen. Given the plan for BT you should call ahead as everyone has to figure out how they are going to reopen in a way that is safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe

Concerning BT, tours will still be complimentary. You will have to register in advance though. They are still working out the details, and will post on social media, and their website when they get things finalized. One good thing that might make things easier is the 35,000 sq ft expansion of their visitor center. 
 

Biba! Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richnimrod
9 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Concerning BT, tours will still be complimentary. You will have to register in advance though. They are still working out the details, and will post on social media, and their website when they get things finalized. One good thing that might make things easier is the 35,000 sq ft expansion of their visitor center. 
 

Biba! Joe

Joe, is that expansion completely done and ready for visitors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe
46 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Joe, is that expansion completely done and ready for visitors?

I’m really not sure Rich, but I’m guessing they still have some work to do. BT did a virtual tour on April 30th. At that time, it appeared there was quite a bit of work left to do. Pure speculation on my part, but I’m thinking that the original plans for the visitors center expansion probably changed some since the Covid-19 hit.

 

Biba! Joe

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2
20 hours ago, flahute said:

As Joe said, June 8th is when they are allowed to reopen. Given the plan for BT you should call ahead as everyone has to figure out how they are going to reopen in a way that is safe.

Ain't none of it going to be "safe" anytime soon. There is enough information out there, at least for me, to decide what is safe enough and decide if I am going to go or not. It is time to open things back up. Especially my favorite bars! 

 

And I am going as soon as I can.

 

Even if it kills me... 😲 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flahute
37 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Ain't none of it going to be "safe" anytime soon. There is enough information out there, at least for me, to decide what is safe enough and decide if I am going to go or not. It is time to open things back up. Especially my favorite bars! 

 

And I am going as soon as I can.

 

Even if it kills me... 😲 

LOL! I respect your attitude! Yes, I hear you on "safe". I should have said "with less risk". That's what it boils down to for each individual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vosgar
Posted (edited)
 
From BT's Instagram page on May 22nd:
 
buffalotracedistillery We are thrilled to announce 📣we will be reopening to visitors 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 on July 1. We are implementing many new procedures to ensure the maximum safety 🏥for our visitors and staff.

One example is that all tours and tastings, while still complimentary, will require advance registration 📲. We are upgrading our systems 🧐to accommodate these new policies. When we have more information about how to register for a tour or tasting 🥃, and the new policies to shop in our Gift Shop, we will publish on social media and on our website.

As you can imagine, we will have to reduce the number of visitors per tour, tasting and within our buildings. The great news 💥💥💥 is we have a 35,000 👏square 👏foot 👏expanded 👏Visitor Center 😅 and will be able to spread out to comply with CDC social distancing recommendations.

We know you are working to plan your summer 🏄‍♀️. Thank you for your patience while we work through these details to ensure the best experience possible.

We look forward to seeing you soon 💗------💗(from a safe distance). ~The Buffalo Trace Team 📷: Kevin Smith and David Netherton
Edited by fishnbowljoe
font color

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richnimrod
7 hours ago, Vosgar said:
 
From BT's Instagram page on May 22nd:
 
buffalotracedistillery We are thrilled to announce 📣we will be reopening to visitors 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 on July 1. We are implementing many new procedures to ensure the maximum safety 🏥for our visitors and staff.

One example is that all tours and tastings, while still complimentary, will require advance registration 📲. We are upgrading our systems 🧐to accommodate these new policies. When we have more information about how to register for a tour or tasting 🥃, and the new policies to shop in our Gift Shop, we will publish on social media and on our website.

As you can imagine, we will have to reduce the number of visitors per tour, tasting and within our buildings. The great news 💥💥💥 is we have a 35,000 👏square 👏foot 👏expanded 👏Visitor Center 😅 and will be able to spread out to comply with CDC social distancing recommendations.

We know you are working to plan your summer 🏄‍♀️. Thank you for your patience while we work through these details to ensure the best experience possible.

We look forward to seeing you soon 💗------💗(from a safe distance). ~The Buffalo Trace Team 📷: Kevin Smith and David Netherton

Huh?   All I can see in your post is a 'link', and scattering of emojis, Vosgar.   Is there some key (or keystroke?) I need to understand here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe

Fixed. 😉

 

Biba! Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richnimrod
42 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Fixed. 😉

 

Biba! Joe

Ahhhhh! That's sooooo much better, Thanx, Joe! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe
33 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Ahhhhh! That's sooooo much better, Thanx, Joe! 😊

 

33 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Ahhhhh! That's sooooo much better, Thanx, Joe! 😊

No prob. I believe  that sometimes background and/or font colors May appear different when  posting from phones.

 

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vosgar
3 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Huh?   All I can see in your post is a 'link', and scattering of emojis, Vosgar.   Is there some key (or keystroke?) I need to understand here?

Hey Rich, it was one of those things where it depends on which "Theme" you're using. I use the "light" setting and my post came through fine, but if I had it on "dark" I got the same thing as you mentioned. 

 

Sorry about that

  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richnimrod

No prob, Vosgar!   I assumed it more likely me not knowing what the h_ll I'm doing than any other scenario.   As is sometimes the case in these matters... I was right. Ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8

I'm going to be in downtown Louisville on July 17-- any word on when the downtown whiskey-based attractions are going to be opening their doors again?

 

----

 

And, an unrelated question-- do any of you Binny's shoppers know if kids are allowed in the stores? I couldn't find a statement on their website.

 

Thanks

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vosgar
3 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

And, an unrelated question-- do any of you Binny's shoppers know if kids are allowed in the stores? I couldn't find a statement on their website.

It's OK to bring kids in their stores with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8
41 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

It's OK to bring kids in their stores with you

 

Thanks-- I'm hoping to drop by the Lincoln Park store on my drive back from Madison in a couple of weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geclbxf
17 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I'm going to be in downtown Louisville on July 17-- any word on when the downtown whiskey-based attractions are going to be opening their doors again?

 

----

 

And, an unrelated question-- do any of you Binny's shoppers know if kids are allowed in the stores? I couldn't find a statement on their website.

 

Thanks

 

 

I know that Evan Williams is open, and Angel's Envy and Peerless were too at last check.  Everything was still boarded up last week, which is slightly unsettling.   Michters was not open.   I did not check on OF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marekv8
2 hours ago, geclbxf said:

I know that Evan Williams is open, and Angel's Envy and Peerless were too at last check.  Everything was still boarded up last week, which is slightly unsettling.   Michters was not open.   I did not check on OF.

 

Thank you-- Old Forester is showing as shuttered on their website-- so unless dramatic changes take place over the next few weeks, it might be a rather short experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.