BOTM 06/20 Henry McKenna BIB 10yr Single Barrel

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It was a buy all day long at $30. But $50? No way. Not when there's a plethora of private selection EC's that are 10+ years old to be had for $30. Also, ECBP is on the shelves regularly for $60

Back in the day, HMcK BIB was an enormous value at under $30 so I never even bothered to try the regular.  It may be a little off topic, but does anyone have a favorable opinion or regular ol' HMcK? For comparison, given my drothers, I'd go for OWA or Weller 12 but, push come to shove, I'm OK with WSR.  Is regular McK  even in the ball park?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 3:34 PM, Flyfish said:

Back in the day, HMcK BIB was an enormous value at under $30 so I never even bothered to try the regular.  It may be a little off topic, but does anyone have a favorable opinion or regular ol' HMcK? For comparison, given my drothers, I'd go for OWA or Weller 12 but, push come to shove, I'm OK with WSR.  Is regular McK  even in the ball park?

Is there a "regular" Henry McKenna bourbon? Feel like I have only seen the typical 10yo SB.

39 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Is there a "regular" Henry McKenna bourbon? Feel like I have only seen the typical 10yo SB.

There is.  I look right past it too.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:10 AM, tanstaafl2 said:

It's a non age stated 80 proof bourbon that sells at my local Total Wine for $14.99.  I've heard it's not a bad bottom shelfer but I doubt that there's much similarity to the 10yr BiB product. 

• I like it 1

On 11/20/2020 at 1:10 PM, tanstaafl2 said:

Uh, I think I did HMcK 80 NAS as a VBT months ago but haven't gone looking.  In any event, I did buy a bottle once.  One bottle was sufficient to convince me that it is not "bad" but, for a comparable price, 4R 80 Yellow/tan label, EWB (@86), HH 80, and a handful of others are marginally better on MY tongue.  OTOH, it is better than Old Crow 80 and, to me, Benchmark 80.  And as the FOS wrote, there's not much similarity to the 10YR BIB in my opinion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.