Alright, you guys decide!

Wrangler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Next up. 

20200718_141602.thumb.jpg.0fe2e062df92c39c44e2b98b3cbd0e55.jpg

Will be avoiding the high octane stuff for now. 

PS: Now this, I LIKE!

Edited by Wrangler
Sippy, sip, sip!
  • I like it 3

2 hours ago, Wrangler said:

Next up. 

20200718_141602.thumb.jpg.0fe2e062df92c39c44e2b98b3cbd0e55.jpg

Will be avoiding the high octane stuff for now. 

PS: Now this, I LIKE!

Pro tip:  on a hot summer day this stuff is great out of the freezer.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Pro tip:  on a hot summer day this stuff is great out of the freezer.

Funny thing, it didn't offer much to the nose but on the palate, it was delicious!

That there is probably the only 80 proof Bourbon I would recommend by itself.

A full bottle waits in my cabinet for later tonight.

An interesting note - barrels of all 10 different Four Roses recipes go into the batch, including at least some much older stock.  (I was told this by a member that heard it on a distillery tour).

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Wrangler said:

Funny thing, it didn't offer much to the nose but on the palate, it was delicious!

The house of 4R has a wide range of great bourbons to enjoy, at some point consider the smb at 90p, and SB at 100p. There are other variants in the smb select  and of course the barrel proof private selects which can be any of the 10 individual recipes. Those are all north of 100p so something tolook forward to as you enter your high octane phase!!.

I profess no expertise about what's available in Oregon,  but when I travel I tend to look first for local products not likely to be found elsewhere.   And to me that means Woodinville,  which is aged well for a craft bourbon and IMO drinks equal to the big boys.   Another Pacific Northwest bourbon I'd recommend is JB Trotter, which by coincidence is also from Woodinville, WA.  

However,  I don't disagree with the general advice to try a premium product from a distillery you haven't yet dug before.    BT products are great,   but don't overlook the good batched stuff coming from Old Forrester,  like 1870,  1895 Bottled in Bond or Statesman.   (Please, please, please  don't let your first introduction to  the  superb OF mashbill be Woodford Rerserve.)      And if you don't know Wild Turkey yet,   you likely haven't discovered your favorite bourbon.    I'd spend that 80 bucks on a bottle of WT 101 and a bottle of Woodinville,  pocket the change  and toast the Oregon stars.   

Enjoy! 

• I like it 1

On 7/19/2020 at 6:58 AM, PaulO said:

That there is probably the only 80 proof Bourbon I would recommend by itself.

A full bottle waits in my cabinet for later tonight.

An interesting note - barrels of all 10 different Four Roses recipes go into the batch, including at least some much older stock.  (I was told this by a member that heard it on a distillery tour).

Well, I gotta tell ya, they're onto something there!  This is seriously vying for the top spot in my licker cabinet.  It's just got something.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.