Sign in to follow this  
Flyfish

Bourbon victims of the Covid

Flyfish

So, here I sit in OH sipping a little KC (OK, my second KC) and thinking about the two handles of KC roasting in the summer hear of Phoenix and wondering if it will be possible to get there next January. So much depends on what the AZ governor decides and whether or not there is a vaccine by 1/21. I can not be the only SBer who is woefully separated from a stash that is thousands of miles away. Any of you find that your access to your bunker is threatened in a similar fashion?

PhantomLamb

Not necessarily to my bunker but my access to the motherland, yes.  I would be out in L'ville every 4 months or so for work and with all travel on hold for the indefinite future it's made bunker building much more difficult.

I guess it's helping me save money?  Definitely not as much fun though...😝

anthony. g.

im due to travel to Las Vegas in october from the UK. i usually take a few bottles back home with me. i really cannot see my trip going ahead with whats going on. dam shame as i was really looking forwad to the trip. safty first though!

flahute
26 minutes ago, anthony. g. said:

im due to travel to Las Vegas in october from the UK. i usually take a few bottles back home with me. i really cannot see my trip going ahead with whats going on. dam shame as i was really looking forwad to the trip. safty first though!

Hang tight, October is far enough away that things can improve.

• I like it 2

The Black Tot

I miss all my US friends dearly, as well as my US stash (of spirits AND guitars!) - but I ain't getting on a plane to the US until the numbers improve, or my industry gets back up and running again.

Until then, there is enough bourbon speckled amongst my UK rum collection to get me through. Buying some cases of Booker's and MMCS in Berlin this week to be ready for whatever.

• I like it 9

flahute
22 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

I miss all my US friends dearly, as well as my US stash (of spirits AND guitars!) - but I ain't getting on a plane to the US until the numbers improve, or my industry gets back up and running again.

Until then, there is enough bourbon speckled amongst my UK rum collection to get me through. Buying some cases of Booker's and MMCS in Berlin this week to be ready for whatever.

And TBT emerges from the mist. We've missed you.

• I like it 2

The Black Tot
3 minutes ago, flahute said:

And TBT emerges from the mist. We've missed you.

...certainly from the English damp, in this old house. Good to read you too, buddy.

• I like it 1

flahute
18 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

...certainly from the English damp, in this old house. Good to read you too, buddy.

We still need to get that breakfast in Bardstown. Now more than ever do I look forward to it!

• I like it 2

PhantomLamb
16 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Still have those cases of LB3 waiting for you...

• I like it 1

Wrangler
On 7/17/2020 at 1:24 PM, Flyfish said:

So, here I sit in OH sipping a little KC (OK, my second KC) and thinking about the two handles of KC roasting in the summer hear of Phoenix and wondering if it will be possible to get there next January. So much depends on what the AZ governor decides and whether or not there is a vaccine by 1/21. I can not be the only SBer who is woefully separated from a stash that is thousands of miles away. Any of you find that your access to your bunker is threatened in a similar fashion?

Why can't you get to it?

Flyfish
On 7/21/2020 at 10:31 PM, Wrangler said:

Why can't you get to it?

Theoretically I could. But AZ is not where I want to be in July. My concern is, only semi-facetiously, that come next January we could also, theoretically, be facing another mandatory shutdown. We would have been in AZ this past January but Mrs. F was in PT following surgery. By the time she was fit to travel we were not allowed to travel. Besides, much as I love my bourbon, I am not willing to drive all that way. Was in Louisville a week ago to replenish supplies for our summer palace.

Bob_Loblaw
On 7/21/2020 at 2:37 PM, PhantomLamb said:

Still have those cases of LB3 waiting for you...

Hold on. . . cases . . .LB3 . . . I think my heart just skipped a beat.  

28 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Hold on. . . cases . . .LB3 . . . I think my heart just skipped a beat.  

That was your wallet...😂

• I like it 3

PhantomLamb

Yep, guarding some precious cargo that’s not mine lol.

• I like it 1

smokinjoe

Troyce was just complaining to me about this very thing.  Sent me this pic.  Said he can’t get to the bunker in the corner cabinets.  I told him that his jumpsuit look is way outdated...  😂

B89BAC1D-EB9F-4A02-B376-FD2148A9AB0D.jpeg

• I like it 1

Phil T

Jimmy is really Walter Mercado?

smokinjoe
16 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Jimmy is really Walter Mercado?

Among others...  😁

flahute
4 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Troyce was just complaining to me about this very thing.  Sent me this pic.  Said he can’t get to the bunker in the corner cabinets.  I told him that his jumpsuit look is way outdated...  😂

The most covid appropriate photo ever.

BigRich
12 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

You got me with this one.  I almost spit coffee all over my computer this morning when I was scrolling down the thread. 

Bob_Loblaw
On 7/28/2020 at 6:17 PM, 0895 said:

That was your wallet...😂

Well presumably they are already paid for . . . sunk costs and all that.  I do actually think I would pick up a case if given the opportunity at the $99 I spent on the first one wallet pain and all.  I was a big fan of this one.

• I like it 1

The Black Tot
On 7/29/2020 at 5:00 AM, PhantomLamb said:

Yep, guarding some precious cargo that’s not mine lol.

Loose lips sink ships.