SMWSA Membership

tarheel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone have an opinion on the SMWSA US membership? Now that there is a chapter we can easily join in the USA I'm thinking about it. It's $99/year to join, and you can then access their cask strength, NCF offerings. Here in NC our scotch selection is anemic. This seems like a great way to try expressions from distilleries that I otherwise would have no exposure to. And for ~$100/bottle the price is pretty reasonable for CS scotch.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, tarheel said:

Does anyone have an opinion on the SMWSA US membership? Now that there is a chapter we can easily join in the USA I'm thinking about it. It's $99/year to join, and you can then access their cask strength, NCF offerings. Here in NC our scotch selection is anemic. This seems like a great way to try expressions from distilleries that I otherwise would have no exposure to. And for ~$100/bottle the price is pretty reasonable for CS scotch.

Thoughts?

I was a member for a year-- mainly in hopes of attending several of their functions. However, my travel schedule never aligned with their events-- so it was not meant to be. In general, I found their outturn offerings to be young and overpriced compared to examples from the trusted Independents.

My folks live in North Carolina-- I've been to the ABC stores and feel your pain.

I never joined but had the opportunity to try many of their offerings over a couple of years period of time.  Very nice whisky.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.