Blantons consistency

Sgtspitter101
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Those who have drank lots of blantons how consistent is the taste barrel to barrel. I have 3 bottles, 1 bottled 6-5-20 and 2 bottled about 3 weeks later on the same day but the barrels on the 2 are 1 number apart so they would still likely be the same distillation batch? What can i expect if i have a pour from all 3 side by side?

IMHO, Blanton’s is pretty consistent. I wouldn’t worry too much about any variances from bottle to bottle. Just kick back and enjoy ‘em.  ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

IMHO, Blanton’s is pretty consistent. I wouldn’t worry too much about any variances from bottle to bottle. Just kick back and enjoy ‘em.  ?

Biba! Joe

I will enjoy them that is for sure.

• I like it 1

Im gonna kinda agree and disagree with Joe.

Its as consistent as the barrels they are currently pulling.

Ive had some fantastic bottles of Blanton’s, some average bottles, one terrible one back in 2015, and Im done buying it again for awhile, as the 4 different bottles(barrels) of it Ive tasted all from December of last year were not very good.

So my point is that I see waves of really good barrels getting bottled and waves of not very good barrels getting bottled.

Im currently waiting for the next good cycle to come around ?.

This is all just my opinion though.

I'm not sure how to answer the question...

Let me explain.   I'v never bought a bottle of Blanton's that I thought was significantly inferior to the 'average' profile of other bottles I've tasted over the years, though differences among 'em were noted.   HOWEVER, I have tasted a few that absolutely were . . .  well; crummy!

A few years ago my local monger was "chosen for the honor" of selecting a private pick of Blanton's (due to his sales volume of BT brands overall).   The distillery sent (through the distributor) some samples up for the selection process.   (I can't recall whether there were 3-or 4, which I thought was a bit niggardly on their part; but now turns out to be the norm... if not the max.)    Well, after the various tasters had several chances at each of the samples, the result was no consensus on any of 'em that were worth choosing.   In fact I and two other of the six 'tasters' begged the proprietor not to choose any of 'em; but rather reject 'em all and ask for another set of samples.   He was initially afraid to say no to the first offerings; figuring the distillery and/or the distributor would just say "screw ya!" and he'd no private barrel pick of Blanton's (which would fly off shelves without regard to quality or lack thereof) to sell.   Eventually, he saw the light and did reject 'em all.    A new set came around a few weex later and all of 'em better than the best of the original group (which isn't sayin' much) and one was quite nice.    I can pretty much guarantee that each of the barrels represented by the first samples were eventually bottled and sold.   So somewhere, Blanton's bottles with a pretty lousy profile exist; or have existed.

Edited by Richnimrod

I had a store pick last year that was very fruity and an outlier. Julios store pick called "Giving 110%", Geeten knows what I'm talking about. Otherwise the bottles have been very consistent.

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 1

On 8/5/2020 at 4:42 PM, Sgtspitter101 said:

Those who have drank lots of blantons how consistent is the taste barrel to barrel. I have 3 bottles, 1 bottled 6-5-20 and 2 bottled about 3 weeks later on the same day but the barrels on the 2 are 1 number apart so they would still likely be the same distillation batch? What can i expect if i have a pour from all 3 side by side?

only one way to find out!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.