Hurricane Laura....

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It’s been several days since I’ve had a glass of bourbon, but tonight I’m having a very good pour of Weller SR. Thank God my family and everyone in my neighborhood is safe. Lots of destruction unlike I have ever seen before, it’s amazing what the wind can do.  I have heard from several people and thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It has been quite an experience that I don’t want to go through again. This is the 3rd major hurricane I’ve been through and by for the worst. 
my wife told me I have a problem because I took about 6 cases of very rare and hard to replace bourbons with us instead of family pictures. 
7B603F4E-7B9C-4028-8035-9F1CFED37D29.thumb.jpeg.137c947d9fddd6b5276c8a486b3225ce.jpeg
House next door. My house is not this bad. 

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 10

Excellent— so nice to hear your “voice.” Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to assist. Regards, Dave

• I like it 3

Thanks for letting us know that you and your family are okay. I’m breathing a sIgh of relief, and I’m sure others are too. A rather large pour of my Weller Blend is in the glass. Cheers brother.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Love love love that we are hearing from you and that all are OK. So thankful.

• I like it 3

Very grateful to hear you & your family are safe.  Wives have their sweet way of keeping it real   :-))

Hope the family photos are ok. 

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Added sentence
  • I like it 1

Good reading this morning. Glad you and family are doing ok. Pray all will return to normal soon and you're able to get your shop back up and functioning again. After these disasters only those affected understand just how long the pain lasts. I'll keep you in my prayers for months to come. Waiting for your next grill pic from "normal" back yard scene. 

Glad you are ok! This year has been a big reminder about what is really important and this is yet more of that. I hope it doesn’t take too long to get back to “normal” for you.

Great to hear LC. My wife would be the same. But that’s why we have wives right? So they can save things like family photos. 

Glad to hear you and your family are okay.  I have seen the aftermath of quite a few hurricanes but I never had to live through one, especially a Cat 4.

Great news to hear this Sunday morning.  I hope your recovery will be speedy and without too much  more distress than you’ve already experienced.  Our prayers for, your family, and your neighbors.  I look forward to seeing you out by the fire with that silver EWSB cup filled with a good bourbon again soon!  

LC, just saw this thread. Glad to see that you and your family are okay. My relatives in North La are okay.but will be without power for at least two weeks. Lara survived as a Cat 1 all the way to Shreveport which has never happened before. Really nasty storm. I will raise one with you tonight. 

• I like it 1

Good to hear that you and your family are safe.  Tipping a healthy pour of  SB OGDW in my SB glencarin  in your honor.

Glad to hear you all are doing okay LC. Stay safe and know we are all thinking about you and your community as you put things back together.

Good to hear from everyone, we are starting to get a few things cleaned Up. It will be 6 months to a year before we are back in our home. But I bought a camper for my family to live in until then. Just got to figure out how to keep my Bourbon safe without corks starting to push out. 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Good to hear from everyone, we are starting to get a few things cleaned Up. It will be 6 months to a year before we are back in our home. But I bought a camper for my family to live in until then. Just got to figure out how to keep my Bourbon safe without corks starting to push out. 

You're welcome to store bottles here in the climate controlled and secure booze room. I could temporarily relocate the gin and vodka to free up some space.

• I like it 5

40 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

You're welcome to store bottles here in the climate controlled and secure booze room. I could temporarily relocate the gin and vodka to free up some space.

Thanks, I will let you know something soon. 

• I like it 2

• 4 weeks later...

Took some time to catch up on SB.com this morning. It’s been slow getting things done, just the way it is. Finally getting a new roof this week and started gutting 2 of my houses. 
7DC6EF40-A335-4D1A-9C97-AAB5A81D85CD.jpeg.2d0b06e10021117b5c16efa8aca91fff.jpeg3B056C2A-CF7F-4A60-BB92-9FFD4112509A.jpeg.66ca0ad27d6b006ec04786e4f7e4cd19.jpeg

This is one of my shops, the top of a tree decided it wanted in. If you look at the bottom of the tree notice their is no roots. This tree was 120 feet from my shop and was twisted out of the ground and flew into the shop. This is a 35 year old tree. 
60AB1809-FB3D-438F-8EC9-C4DA7A70C2AB.jpeg.77c96348cd3c7cfd6824f0983d94a4e9.jpeg
D8DBDA7D-7F74-4A40-B2C5-747EF5B942E8.jpeg.fdb431fe0e4d7ca3fba0d75be4949e54.jpeg

Ive been enjoying some bourbon in the afternoons, and very much enjoying each glass. 

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.