Fresh crack (Fall 2020)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 9/30/2020 at 3:07 PM, mal00768 said:

62C9B314-3496-40F6-B1E1-A9EDBEB45B4D.jpeg

The content I’m here for. 

• I like it 3

22 hours ago, Mako254 said:

The content I’m here for. 

#Lawrenceburgman

• I like it 1

Like many of us, my bourbon “collection” becomes a sore spot in my marriage occasionally.  In an effort to reduce open bottle counts, and try to get the open bottles to a more manageable state, I decided that I’m tired of looking at this 1.75ml monster in our dining room.  It’s been sitting there since 2016 I believe.  It’s dated as a batch from’16 anyway.

So yeah, I cut the seal today to start working on eliminating it.  My coworker has a new interest in bourbon and loves this stuff, so he doesn’t know it yet, but he’ll probably be getting a 200ml gift of it from me to start. ?

Solid C+ bourbon. ?‍♂️

38EC5F36-1A46-4E04-B8A5-131F2EB25172.jpeg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Like many of us, my bourbon “collection” becomes a sore spot in my marriage occasionally.  In an effort to reduce open bottle counts, and try to get the open bottles to a more manageable state, I decided that I’m tired of looking at this 1.75ml monster in our dining room.  It’s been sitting there since 2016 I believe.  It’s dated as a batch from’16 anyway.

So yeah, I cut the seal today to start working on eliminating it.  My coworker has a new interest in bourbon and loves this stuff, so he doesn’t know it yet, but he’ll probably be getting a 200ml gift of it from me to start. ?

Solid C+ bourbon. ?‍♂️

You're about to become the Oprah of WPS, "you get sample of WPS, you get a sample of WPS, EVERYONE gets a sample if WPS!!" 

• I like it 5

18 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Surprise surprise, another wonderful batch of ECBP

20201006_203232.jpg

Agree. The lower proofed ECBP have been a hit with me. 

35 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

You're about to become the Oprah of WPS, "you get sample of WPS, you get a sample of WPS, EVERYONE gets a sample if WPS!!" 

? hmm..... funny you bring that up.  I do need to stop by your house.

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, 0895 said:

? hmm..... funny you bring that up.  I do need to stop by your house.

I'll pass on a sample.  I've got my own 1.75L that needs to be emptied.  Its also a 2016 vintage.

2 hours ago, Mako254 said:

I prefer them as well. I recently finished a B519 (I have 1 left) and I have 1 hefty pour left of B517. I'm happy they keep giving us 1 batch per year in the 120's

• I like it 1

On 10/7/2020 at 1:37 PM, 0895 said:

Solid C+ bourbon. ?‍♂️

It's quite risky to buy a 1.75ml bottle of a C+ Willet distilled bourbon. :P

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 1

22 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Couldn’t agree more with lower proof.  The 120’s is a fantastic spot for this barrel proof!  I’m really enjoying my bottle and at $49 I might have to get another.

41 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

It's quite risky to buy a 1.75ml bottle of a C+ Willet distilled bourbon. :P

It was originally purchased for decoration purposes.

Im really kinda regretting opening it.  There’s deceptively a lot of liquid in there.

40 minutes ago, 0895 said:

It was originally purchased for decoration purposes.

Im really kinda regretting opening it.  There’s deceptively a lot of liquid in there.

Just leave the rest at @ThirstyinOhio new place.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

It was originally purchased for decoration 

I call bs. We all know you planned on making a giant bong. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

Some long wax "legs" on this one.  The nose is very reminiscent of RC6 with a distinct fruit (apples and pears) nose. It is better than regular MM but it's still got that hint of acetone that I'm not crazy about. The extra proof gives a (small) bit of depth and punch that is really lacking in regular MM. It pales in comparison to OWA. I prefer MM46 out of the MM lineup. I've yet to try the 46 Cask Strength.

20201009_193027.jpg

20201009_192856.jpg

27 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Some long wax "legs" on this one.  The nose is very reminiscent of RC6 with a distinct fruit (apples and pears) nose. It is better than regular MM but it's still got that hint of acetone that I'm not crazy about. The extra proof gives a (small) bit of depth and punch that is really lacking in regular MM. It pales in comparison to OWA. I prefer MM46 out of the MM lineup. I've yet to try the 46 Cask Strength.

Looks exactly like my bottle Tim. Maybe the same gall dipped ‘em both. ?

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

20201009_193027.jpg

20201009_192856.jpg

My favorite MM has been a MM Private Select with all 10 staves the MM46 staves.

On 10/5/2020 at 9:20 PM, Bourserker said:

Dug this out and finally decided to open it tonight.  Pretty good stuff.

PXL_20201006_011821830.jpg

I really miss OC10.

On 10/8/2020 at 9:14 PM, 0895 said:

He does like Willett quite a bit.

That is true....

Mrs. Clueby is continuing to work on the MM101 and I cracked a fresh KC120 PS. This is my 2nd bottle of this pick...and I have 2 more in the bunker. Something about this pick that really drops right into my wheelhouse.20201010_221007.thumb.jpg.027a117c3511c70617196a2ec70967f9.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.