Chefjohn

Old Rip Van Winkle Inquiry

Chefjohn

Hey guys. I’m trying to info on who produced Old Rip Van Winkle prior to prohibition. Does anyone have any info?

PhantomLamb

Was it not still Stitzel-Weller?

Chefjohn

I know Stitzel Weller produced it after prohibition but it’s my understanding that they resurrected the pre prohibition brand. I’m trying to find out who produced it prior to prohibition. 

Chefjohn

74-B6-E354-219-F-4185-8-B48-450-A1-D44-E

Edited by Chefjohn

Chefjohn

For those interested I found the info I was looking for. Prior to prohibition ORVW was produced by H S Barton aka the  Glenmore Distillery H S Barton was the Thompson’s brother in law and served os their master distiller and plant manager until 1919. 

16-DB78-B3-031-E-46-B7-9-A49-9-DD9-A20-D

• I like it 1

Sgtspitter101
On 10/19/2020 at 12:46 PM, Chefjohn said:

For those interested I found the info I was looking for. Prior to prohibition ORVW was produced by H S Barton aka the  Glenmore Distillery H S Barton was the Thompson’s brother in law and served os their master distiller and plant manager until 1919. 

16-DB78-B3-031-E-46-B7-9-A49-9-DD9-A20-D

I dont think he covered this particular topic but there was a youtube link floating around here to a talk gave by a van winkle. I enjoyed every second of it if you havent seen it i would find it and watch it.

Chefjohn
7 hours ago, Sgtspitter101 said:

I dont think he covered this particular topic but there was a youtube link floating around here to a talk gave by a van winkle. I enjoyed every second of it if you havent seen it i would find it and watch it.

Thanks Sgt. I’ll hunt it down.