Rebel Yell dropped Yell?

BrokeCal
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, BrokeCal said:

I for one am glad they did.  I find 'Yell' quite offensive.

I see what you did there.... ?

Sorry, I missed that.  ?.  Good one.   Getting a little punchy here, down in the Deep South...  ?.  

Yep, they did.  If you go to Lux Row's website it's now marketed as Rebel, with no Yell (which will undoubtedly please BrokeCal :D)

This is funny. The woke folk are going to get their pitchforks and be at Lux Row's doorstep once they catch wind of a Rebel libation. 

• I like it 2

Both bottles (Yell/no yell 100) available at the binnys in 750, all the family size/non 100 still Yell label. I’m sure they’ll be hitting the clearance rack soon. 

Imagine how much the 'woke' folks would flip out if they saw the old Rebel Yell labels!  There'd be riots for sure! 

I was in the first graduating class of a new high school in the far south end of town. It was on Dixie Highway so, naturally, we were the Rebels. Fifty years later, that pissed off quite a few people.  

• I like it 1

To be truthful, this kinda pisses me off. Rebel Yell and Yellowstone were my very first bourbons. When I was a kid in my early/mid teens, one of the guys in our small  group that hung out together had an older brother. We’d pool our money, and this guys brother would grab a cheap bottle of whiskey for us. Without fail, it was Yellowstone or Rebel Yell. Those were some good times. :)

Biba! Joe

Maybe they should just rename it then - to Rebel Yip - since that is more descriptive of that sound anyway?

Well hell,  or is it yell hell?  

Now that yell is considered offensive, the poor folks at Yellowstone must be looking over their shoulders.

Maybe they’ll just change the name to Ol’ Stone...  

Crazy times! ?

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Paddy said:

Crazy times! ?

The results of honorable Men idly standing aside and remaining silent.

I'm not sure why Rebel is less offensive than Rebel Yell.

It's those quiet rebels you really have to worry about. :ph34r:

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.