Intro, Inventory, and Ongoing Collection

soulsea
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I, too,  like to limit what I drink to a set number of open bottles - an Open Dozen in my case.    I think it's more fun that way.    As for collecting, what's fun for me is browsing in liquor stores.    I'm too lazy to enter lotteries,  and rarely have the occasion to barter and trade,   but if it's on a shelf and looks interesting,  sure, why not?   

• I like it 2

Nice collection!  I don't have the will power to only have 2 open at a time but I do waste a lot of time standing in front of the cabinet some nights trying to decide what to drink so maybe thats a good idea.

• I like it 1

I’ve been on both ends of the spectrum. 16-20 open for years which was fine with the only exception being that it was hard to save anything for very long because I needed the constant turnover. 

On 4/11/2021 at 3:11 AM, Jazzhead said:

I, too,  like to limit what I drink to a set number of open bottles - an Open Dozen in my case.    I think it's more fun that way.    As for collecting, what's fun for me is browsing in liquor stores.    I'm too lazy to enter lotteries,  and rarely have the occasion to barter and trade,   but if it's on a shelf and looks interesting,  sure, why not?   

16 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I’ve been on both ends of the spectrum. 16-20 open for years which was fine with the only exception being that it was hard to save anything for very long because I needed the constant turnover. 

Same here. Many years ago, I had a hard time keeping track of my open bottles. I decided to do something about it when my open count got up to 29-30. I bought a BT bottle glorifier/shelf organizer that holds 12 bottles. My basic idea was to keep my open bottle count at 12, and of those, three or four would be semi-special bottles, and the rest regulars in my rotation. It worked. For a few years. 🙄I believe my current open count is 18-20. 😬

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Same here. Many years ago, I had a hard time keeping track of my open bottles. I decided to do something about it when my open count got up to 29-30. I bought a BT bottle glorifier/shelf organizer that holds 12 bottles. My basic idea was to keep my open bottle count at 12, and of those, three or four would be semi-special bottles, and the rest regulars in my rotation. It worked. For a few years. 🙄I believe my current open count is 18-20. 😬

Biba! Joe

This is brilliant. Even if it is just a temporary patch. I'm going to have to make something next weekend. My open closet is getting out of hand.

Maybe 375’s should be more of a thing? Easier to consume and more bottles of the stuff to go around.

4 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Maybe 375’s should be more of a thing? Easier to consume and more bottles of the stuff to go around.

To each their own but my thought process is there should be more 1.75’s available. 😎

• I like it 3

On 4/11/2021 at 3:14 AM, Kepler said:

Well, in the interest of public health & safety, maybe GTS doesn't cure liver disease.

I'm liking the maybe.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.