Small Batch Jim Beam and Port

camduncan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

True enough -- I picked up an Ezra B 15yo (which has become a favorite) just yesterday less than a mile from my abode, and the storeowner have me a 10% discount, to boot. All but three of the ones you list are available to me rather commonly.

(perhaps four, if we assume Ezra B is a Heaven Hill product)

I wouldn't yet, Yellowstone (Glenmore) still had distilleries in production until 1993 or4. That said, probably by 2009 you will have a safe bet.

Maybe it is a safe bet, when Glenmore was sold out , pieces went in several directions.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've finally cracked the top on the bottle. I'll try and post a reasonable appraisal in the Tasting section some time shortly.

Initial impressions were that it isn't the best bourbon I've tried, but it is by no means the worst.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have any impressions on this as far as tasting goes.

I'm trying one now but cannot get my head around this one.

Aroma tobbaco & chocolate, sweet & spicy on the buds yum.gif

i tried one about a week ago and didn't care for it much at all. It tasted weak and sickingly sweet to me, and far too much port both in the nose and taste. No finish that was memorable. However never tasted tabacco, so maybe they watered down the bottling at the bar.

Andrew. Have you eve tried Bonded Beam (gold label)? Is it similar to any of the small batch?

No I have never got around to buying one, always putting it off for someting more exotic knowing I can pick up a bonded anytime,

i tried one about a week ago and didn't care for it much at all. It tasted weak and sickingly sweet to me, and far too much port both in the nose and taste. No finish that was memorable.

I'm about 1/4 through a bottle now. I was going to write a review some time back, but I'm struggling with what I'm tasting ans also don't care much for the taste. i've tried it neat, with ice, with water and with coke, but it just doesn't grab me. In contrast, my boss who usually only drinks Wild Turkey can't get enough of it..

Im with you , that's why I posed the question, I'm having trouble categorising this one.

From your point, sounds like you will have to sweeten up the boss with an early xmas present.

This is one that I will give a wide berth to in the future

Back to my rare breed drink.gif

I'm with you also Andrew.

Could I ask, of the various WT bottlings you've tried, where do you place the Rare Breed. I personally think its phenomenal, but would love to try the RR and KS. The WT101 8yo is good, but I'm not sure whether the price difference is justified to the WT86. (or EW7yo for that matter)

In order Rare Breed, Rare Breed, Rare Breed, 8yr old,RR, 86 PROOF.

I am yet to open my KS, Freedom, or Tributes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.