Knob Creek 15yr.

PhantomLamb
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone tried this yet?  I've seen it floating around the forums but it seems to be readily available here.  I understand the irony of the KCSiB that were 15yrs or older for half the cost but am curious nonetheless.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, PhantomLamb said:

Has anyone tried this yet?  I've seen it floating around the forums but it seems to be readily available here.  I understand the irony of the KCSiB that were 15yrs or older for half the cost but am curious nonetheless.

Thoughts?

I have no doubt that it's good, but I have and will continue to pass on the 'new labels'. 

I was fortunate to see the opportunity for what it was, and spent too many years gathering good to exceptional stocks of 12-16 year old PS KCSB, to be a player in todays market. 

FWIW, even 'average' KCSB was and continues to be an exceptional value, even in this current market (and still with a 9 year age statement to boot).  

My bunker now runneth over with multiple cases of the 'old' stock.  Most of which I was able to acquire in the $37-47 range...

• I like it 2

Yeah, see I only started in 2017 and PA never got any of those so I didn't get to experience that kind of bliss that so many here have, hence my question.

Thanks,

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Yeah, see I only started in 2017 and PA never got any of those so I didn't get to experience that kind of bliss that so many here have, hence my question.

Let me know when you’re going to be in Ky!😉

• I like it 1

On 1/15/2021 at 8:01 PM, PhantomLamb said:

Thanks,

I really like it, and even at $99 I think there is value.   It is all gone in Ohio, I think you may have just inspired me to have a few shipped to my sons house in Pa, as I see that it is still available.    One of my fav new releases of 2020.    I too am in your boat, started a bit later than some and did not properly bunker when I could have.   I do have a couple of 14+ year picks that my friends always dive into when in the garage bar (pre=pandemic).

• I like it 2

On 1/15/2021 at 10:47 AM, PhantomLamb said:

Thoughts?

It's good and I'm glad that I tried it but not sure that I would buy again. Did a blind SBS with 15 & 12 (both 100 proof) and a SiB that was 11+ years. We all picked the SiB as our hands down favorite with 15 second, but not by much, over the 12.

33 minutes ago, BoilerinIL said:

It's good and I'm glad that I tried it but not sure that I would buy again. Did a blind SBS with 15 & 12 (both 100 proof) and a SiB that was 11+ years. We all picked the SiB as our hands down favorite with 15 second, but not by much, over the 12.

Glad to hear it, I was mulling over the price difference for 3 extra years = $40 more than the 12yr. here, that didn't really add up.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Glad to hear it, I was mulling over the price difference for 3 extra years = $40 more than the 12yr. here, that didn't really add up.

I just did a SBS of the 2 - world of difference for me.   Feels like the gap  between really good and great to me.

3 hours ago, geclbxf said:

I just did a SBS of the 2 - world of difference for me.   Feels like the gap  between really good and great to me.

I have to agree- both great pours but the 15yr has a level of sweetness that just isn’t there with the 12yr. 

I’m sure that KC15y 100p was brought to light due to the Single Barrel program having barrels that the proof was below 120. The last time I was at JB doing a KC barrel pick was in Sep. of 2019, 2 barrels that they pulled were below the 120p that they needed for that program. I have no doubt that KC15 is very good, as Paddy said, I have several 15y SB’s that are fantastic. And I can bring them down to 100p, but I would rather The Master Distiller do it for me. I love lower proof barrels, I’m probably not going to buy one, knowing me I might, but would like to try it. 

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I’m sure that KC15y 100p was brought to light due to the Single Barrel program having barrels that the proof was below 120. The last time I was at JB doing a KC barrel pick was in Sep. of 2019, 2 barrels that they pulled were below the 120p that they needed for that program. I have no doubt that KC15 is very good, as Paddy said, I have several 15y SB’s that are fantastic. And I can bring them down to 100p, but I would rather The Master Distiller do it for me. I love lower proof barrels, I’m probably not going to buy one, knowing me I might, but would like to try it. 

Makes sense, thanks so much for the feedback!

• 5 months later...

Is there somewhere in the forum where the abbreviations are defined. I’m new and get into a thread and I have no idea what the abbreviations mean

• 7 months later...
On 1/15/2021 at 11:47 AM, PhantomLamb said:

Thoughts?

I have a bottle and think its terrific . I have not had the 12 though . 

• I like it 2

On 1/15/2021 at 11:47 AM, PhantomLamb said:

Has anyone tried this yet?  ...

some discussion here but mostly about 8 year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.