What rye are you drinking or purchased in 2021

22 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

I bought this from a store that I have been purchasing from for several years and have built a relationship with.  Long standing relationships, lotteries/raffles, or just spending big $$ are how I think the majority of these bottles get sold.  

I'm trying to build relationships now but I don't know how to go about it without trying to spell out, "Hey I want to build a relationship with you for both of our benefits." Maybe I'm socially awkward when it comes to this stuff.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattk

• Kepler

• Bob_Loblaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are still cleaning up from Hurricane Laura (just some stuff we haven’t gotten to yet). I was in my shop and came across a wine box that was heavy, damn the luck, it has 5 Rittenhouse BiB Ryes (KY35

This showed up today, thanks to an eastern connection. Super excited about it!    

My first experience with this one. Both the wife and I commented that the rye was much sweeter than we expected. Lots of orange and citrus notes with some subtle baking spices. Of course, the wife wen

Posted Images

9 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

The BIB rye is readily available, and I much prefer it over this particular SiB rye. 

🤔

interesting.

Skinsfan1311

My first finished rye.  Part of a barrel pick from a local group.   It was finished in a "Mac Vin Du Jura" barrel for 7 months.  

20210304_150955.jpg

20210304_150748.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
Bob_Loblaw
22 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

I'm trying to build relationships now but I don't know how to go about it without trying to spell out, "Hey I want to build a relationship with you for both of our benefits." Maybe I'm socially awkward when it comes to this stuff.

Well I only have my own experiences to draw from and even just 5 years ago it was a totally different market, but it sounds to me like you may be pressing the issue and/or expecting something to develop quickly.   It probably took me 9 months to a year of steady regular shopping before I started seeing some of the limited items.  

On 2/28/2021 at 10:27 PM, 0895 said:

I really enjoyed the Wigle rye I bought in 2019.  Had a (slightly strange for rye) tart cherry thing to it that I enjoyed quite a bit.

Interested to hear what you think.

Opened the wiggle tonight. I find it to be the most enjoyable of the random local bottles I ended up with. It's tied with the standard catoctin creek roundstone. The tart cherry is the most noticable character found in the sip. All the way through. But ultimately the taste is still young. My bottle is 2 years old. I think I'd really enjoy a 4-6 year cask strength version.

Edited by Mattk