Jump to content

What rye are you drinking or purchased in 2021


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Kepler said:

Just saw your 101 750ml pickup.  Me too. Ok so they are out there.  Same price I paid! 👍 🦃

 

750ml's of the 101 rye are in MO now too!

 

Also, the price of the liters just dropped from $30+ to $26.99 !!!

 

Hot diggity dog.

  • I like it 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mattk

    84

  • 0895

    47

  • Kepler

    35

  • Skinsfan1311

    34

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are still cleaning up from Hurricane Laura (just some stuff we haven’t gotten to yet). I was in my shop and came across a wine box that was heavy, damn the luck, it has 5 Rittenhouse BiB Ryes (KY35

Wild Turkey Rye just goes so well with Fall.  

Stopped at the local yesterday. I picked up a 1783 and a Old Overholt 114 and headed to the checkout. As I was standing there, I spied these in the closeout bin. I put the OO back on the shelf and gra

Posted Images

B.B. Babington
On 4/9/2021 at 7:58 AM, smokinjoe said:

...While a nice change up while drunk* neat,...

*drunk or drank?  15 minutes looking it up, and I’m still not sure...This is almost as bad as affect and effect...🤪

I think you have it right.  Other way, "While a nice change while I drank it neat."  Also, the way you wrote it is more concise lively sentence structure that a novelist might use.  Some other options "dranken" or "drunken" like in "While a nice change up for my drunken self."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wedelstaedt

Finishing off the evening with WTRB Rye. Just getting into this bottle. So far I like it. But I think I like RRSiB Rye better. 

 

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 0895 said:

Also, the price of the liters just dropped from $30+ to $26.99 !!!

 

Hot diggity dog.

 

And I thought Texas had good prices. Damn that's impressive.  Hot diggiity dog - well said!  😁🌭

 

 

 

 

Edited by Kepler
SB icons went crazy on me for a minute
Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioyada

Relaxing after a long weekend of trail running, yard working, and errand running with a pour of WP BH Samurai Scientist.

 

 

IMG_2418.jpg

  • I like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
CUfan99
On 4/2/2021 at 10:47 PM, Kepler said:

Old Forester 100 rye.  Maybe the most balanced and complex American whiskey out there for under 25 dollars a bottle.

I wonder if we have this whiskey to thank for WT 101 rye dropping in price?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Celebrating the arrival of our new kittens with a pour of my favorite. Man I wish I had bunkered more of these. I'll have to be careful with the last few.

IMG_20210413_165546.jpg

  • I like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2021 at 10:30 PM, CUfan99 said:

I wonder if we have this whiskey to thank for WT 101 rye dropping in price?

I don't know but good theory.  A little competition never hurt anybody!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mattk said:

Celebrating the arrival of our new kittens with a pour of my favorite. Man I wish I had bunkered more of these. I'll have to be careful with the last few.

IMG_20210413_165546.jpg

 

Well with the black bottle, just pretend that it's always full 🙈

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Kepler said:

 

Well with the black bottle, just pretend that it's always full 🙈

Fortunately I still do have a few unopened. But I find the dark bottle actually treats me in the opposite manner... Sure is good though.

 

Edit also photo of an adorable kitten.

IMG_20210414_202918.jpg

IMG_20210413_173818.jpg

Edited by Mattk
  • I like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Mattk said:

Fortunately I still do have a few unopened. But I find the dark bottle actually treats me in the opposite manner... Sure is good though.

 

Edit also photo of an adorable kitten.

 

IMG_20210413_173818.jpg


Cute cat.

My coworker who’s basically new to cats named his kitten Milo, “because he has an M on his forehead”

 

I said you know most tabbies have that right?

 

He quit telling people that, 😂

 

oh well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasper Zinfandel

Upon seeing this post, I have poured myself a little Kentucky Owl 10-Year Batch 4.  Got it as a gift.  by far my fave.

 

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sticking with one more pour of good rye tonight before calling it quits.

EC0322FF-3226-4C1A-883D-D3D8598BBE29.jpeg

  • I like it 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
LvR Mike
1 hour ago, 0895 said:

D3EE1EC0-11B0-4516-BA72-1D662187CA73.jpeg

Brooo how is this? Nice glass

Link to post
Share on other sites

I grabbed a few more good ones today. Pretty excited to do a rittenhouse, ec rye, pikeville set this weekend.

IMG_20210416_175508.jpg

  • I like it 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mattk said:

I grabbed a few more good ones today. Pretty excited to do a rittenhouse, ec rye, pikeville set this weekend.

IMG_20210416_175508.jpg

Damn nice pickups.  That required some effort right there.  Well done.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kepler said:

Damn nice pickups.  That required some effort right there.  Well done.

Oddly not to much effort. I was down in Virginia so grabbed the ec rye, then hit a well stocked local store for the pikeville and rare breed, then my local called to ask if I wanted the michter's. While I was there I picked up overholt as well. My bottom shelf has been suffering lately.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Skinsfan1311
22 hours ago, Mattk said:

I grabbed a few more good ones today. Pretty excited to do a rittenhouse, ec rye, pikeville set this weekend.

IMG_20210416_175508.jpg

Mrs. Skinsfan and I are huge fans of the Pikesville & Old Overholt.   I really, really need to snag a bottle of the WTRB rye.  I haven't seen it around here, (Baltimore metro area), but I haven't really looked for it.

 

 How did you like the EC rye?   I wanted to like it, but it's not my cup of tea..

 

Mrs. Skinsfan liked it though.  I'd buy it again, if it were on sale.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Mrs. Skinsfan and I are huge fans of the Pikesville & Old Overholt.   I really, really need to snag a bottle of the WTRB rye.  I haven't seen it around here, (Baltimore metro area), but I haven't really looked for it.

 

 How did you like the EC rye?   I wanted to like it, but it's not my cup of tea..

 

Mrs. Skinsfan liked it though.  I'd buy it again, if it were on sale.   

So to me it tasted a lot like a wt rye, but it seems like I'm having an off pallette weekend. As my rittenhouse is too sweet at the moment. I'll try again later when my ritt tastes normal again.

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So my ritt is tasting much more normal today. Finally getting around to the HH sbsbs. The EC rye still has some WT properties to it, a bit more lemon peel and a mint/ pine thing that is different then the ritt and shows up slightly in the Pikesville. Funny how I never noticed it until the EC came along. Over all it is my least favorite of the three. Also side note, I splashed a bit of 101 rye. The WT does have a very similar note in it, but is ultimately just a more balanced sip, with nowhere near the pine thing on the finish. I'll put the turkey ahead of the EC as well. With that said, there are no bad ryes here. I enjoy them all. And I think I'll be keeping a EC rye around. It just won't be reached for very often.

IMG_20210418_111304.jpg

  • I like it 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Skinsfan1311

@Mattk     

 

I finally re-visited Sagamore rye with a pour, at E.W. Becks in Sykesville. 

 

 I still don't like it.   😅    It's hard to describe why I don't like, I just don't.    Maybe it's a little thin?   I can't put my finger on it.

 

Oh well.    Headed to Va Beach, this weekend so I'll shop around there, and see if anything catches my eye.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
LvR Mike
On 4/18/2021 at 12:11 PM, Mattk said:

So my ritt is tasting much more normal today. Finally getting around to the HH sbsbs. The EC rye still has some WT properties to it, a bit more lemon peel and a mint/ pine thing that is different then the ritt and shows up slightly in the Pikesville. Funny how I never noticed it until the EC came along. Over all it is my least favorite of the three. Also side note, I splashed a bit of 101 rye. The WT does have a very similar note in it, but is ultimately just a more balanced sip, with nowhere near the pine thing on the finish. I'll put the turkey ahead of the EC as well. With that said, there are no bad ryes here. I enjoy them all. And I think I'll be keeping a EC rye around. It just won't be reached for very often.

IMG_20210418_111304.jpg

What year is the KC Rye? And how awesome is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
DeepCover

I tried the EC Rye today at a bar. It’s not really for sipping IMO. It’s more of a mixer. I’d give it a 5/10. Frankly I’d rather have Rittenhouse (sipping or mixing).

  • I like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.