Go to flask bourbon?

SouthATL
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Whether you are going to your wife’s friends wedding or playing 18- if you have to take some to go, what are you putting in your flask?

As I think about it, it seems I nearly always fill my flask with Maker’s.  

WT 101 KSBW going on, what, fifteen years?  When did 101 first come out?  Prior to that, it was WT 100 as far back as I can remember.  Flask stays with my fishing gear. 

• I like it 1

I've never had enough of a reason to commit to a flask purchase. When I want KSBW in a smaller format, I tend to purchase WT101 or Woodford Reserve, depending on the situation.

Edit - Bonus of the WR is that the 200ml basically is a flask.

Edited by dad-proof

I will echo all the other Lawrenceburg men on this thread because my goto is also WT101

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, flahute said:

I will echo all the other Lawrenceburg men on this thread because my goto is also WT101

I have a store pick EC that is my go to for the flask - lucky enough to have purchased a few cases a few years back.

In past it was always GTS.  Now?  Whatever hits that day.  And something different in the next flask in case taste changes or meet friends.  And the third flask?  I'm getting flasks in bulk from amazon.

• I like it 2

6 minutes ago, B.B. Babington said:

In past it was always GTS.  Now?  Whatever hits that day.  And something different in the next flask in case taste changes or meet friends.  And the third flask?  I'm getting flasks in bulk from amazon.

LOL.  I presume your bulk purchases do NOT include SnowPeak titaniums.:D

EDIT - I bought one SnPaTit years ago after I read an article about leaching of lead from solder in cheaper flasks IF YOU LEAVE STUFF IN THERE FOREVER!! which I do.  FWIW, SB has a couple of threads discussing this for those of you readers who are freaked by this.  Chances are, you'll die of car wrecks or golf ball hits or slip-and-fall before lead poisoning, but . . .

Want to avoid it?  Empty the flask shortly after use and let it dry out.  How tough is THAT?

Edited by Harry in WashDC
Seriously!
  • I like it 2

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

LOL.  I presume your bulk purchases do NOT include SnowPeak titaniums.:D

EDIT - I bought one SnPaTit years ago after I read an article about leaching of lead from solder in cheaper flasks IF YOU LEAVE STUFF IN THERE FOREVER!! which I do.  FWIW, SB has a couple of threads discussing this for those of you readers who are freaked by this.  Chances are, you'll die of car wrecks or golf ball hits or slip-and-fall before lead poisoning, but . . .

Want to avoid it?  Empty the flask shortly after use and let it dry out.  How tough is THAT?

I simply save and re use an empty 200ml or 375ml glass bottle.  I have some small maple syrup bottles that are perfect too.  I would fill with whatever old standby is open in the cabinet.  WT 101 is in the line up, or something bonded.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

... Empty the flask shortly after use and let it dry out.  How tough is THAT?

easy peasy, drink it.

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, PaulO said:

I simply save and re use an empty 200ml or 375ml glass bottle.  I have some small maple syrup bottles that are perfect too.  I would fill with whatever old standby is open in the cabinet.  WT 101 is in the line up, or something bonded.

I suffer from dammitdroppedit; hence a metal flask when fishing which is the only time I carry a flask.  I do tie a cork float to it, too, just in case.

• I like it 5

maybe a run of Snow Peak SB flasks is in order? 

EDIT- those aren't cheap!!

Edited by steven s

Even though I have a few flasks sitting around (most still BNIB), I couldn’t resist buying a bunch of these Jacob Bromwell flasks when they were on sale last year......

https://www.jacobbromwell.com/products/vermonter-flask?variant=31402131325062&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2020-02-10&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvvKBBhCXARIsACTePW-BRCM3sja8uhP0dXaZNb1sWDWj7pC43AEkvDjQUGuB1htdV3edfwEaAiZBEALw_wcB

A buddy gave me a flask of ORVW 10 when I shared some dusty Old Fitz BIB from 1956 with him.  It’s sitting in my locker at the golf club, awaiting a celebratory pour or three for when I hit a hole in 1 there....... 😬 🤦🏻‍♂️

23 minutes ago, parksmart said:

Even though I have a few flasks sitting around (most still BNIB), I couldn’t resist buying a bunch of these Jacob Bromwell flasks when they were on sale last year......

https://www.jacobbromwell.com/products/vermonter-flask?variant=31402131325062&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2020-02-10&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvvKBBhCXARIsACTePW-BRCM3sja8uhP0dXaZNb1sWDWj7pC43AEkvDjQUGuB1htdV3edfwEaAiZBEALw_wcB

A buddy gave me a flask of ORVW 10 when I shared some dusty Old Fitz BIB from 1956 with him.  It’s sitting in my locker at the golf club, awaiting a celebratory pour or three for when I hit a hole in 1 there....... 😬 🤦🏻‍♂️

That's a great looking flask. Never seen those before.

8 hours ago, parksmart said:

awaiting a celebratory pour or three for when I hit a hole in 1 there

I love your optimism! Great looking flask! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.