Whiskey Tribe on Youtube

BadlandsBandit
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am a very visual person.  Don't get me wrong, the info on SB is invaluable and I enjoy it immensely.  However, in-person conversations or video presentations are my most favorite source for information.   I thoroughly enjoy the posts by the Wiskey Tribe.  History, tastes, humor, variety and culture.  All things I think a Bourbonite embodies.  That being said, does anyone in this community post videos or reccomend any streams/posts/videos that you have found enjoyable?

2 hours ago, BadlandsBandit said:

I am a very visual person.  Don't get me wrong, the info on SB is invaluable and I enjoy it immensely.  However, in-person conversations or video presentations are my most favorite source for information.   I thoroughly enjoy the posts by the Wiskey Tribe.  History, tastes, humor, variety and culture.  All things I think a Bourbonite embodies.  That being said, does anyone in this community post videos or reccomend any streams/posts/videos that you have found enjoyable?

I do like to listen while I am designing at work and have a few guys that I really do enjoy... Being in MI and having run into a few of the guys lends me more towards Bourbon Junkies, Bourbinsane (just bought a farm and doesn't post much any more) and ADHD Whiskey... All a little different content but they offer good tasting notes and recommendations... My Bourbon Journey is also a really good reviewer that is more nuts and bolts and not too much filler. 

Whiskey Tribe alternates between entertaining and annoying for me; I don't find their reviews of much use, and they have a heavy craft bias IMO (not surprising, being a craft distiller). But their Whiskey Curious videos & some of their off the wall experiments I've enjoyed.

I have enjoyed It's Bourbon Night quite a bit, particularly a year or two back before they started getting more into big $$ and more proof hounds as of late. Mash & Drum can be informative; My Bourbon Journey has some good reviews, too.

• I like it 1

Thanks J and Lemon.  I will definitely check those out.

I don't watch anything with any regularity simply because of time constraints but when I do watch something it's usually Bourbon Pursuit.

(Full disclosure, some of the regular contributors to their regular Community Roundtable feature are friends of mine.)

I'm in the middle of watching their recent interview of Pat Heist from Wilderness Trail and it's great. 

• I like it 3

I like "The Bourbon Guild"; they gave more in depth feedback, from the perspective of four reviewers.  About a year ago they rebranded (as they lost one member) , to "Curiosity Public"

6 hours ago, flahute said:

I don't watch anything with any regularity simply because of time constraints but when I do watch something it's usually Bourbon Pursuit.

(Full disclosure, some of the regular contributors to their regular Community Roundtable feature are friends of mine.)

I'm in the middle of watching their recent interview of Pat Heist from Wilderness Trail and it's great. 

Recent Bourbon Pursuit (podcast #294) did an great hour-long interview with Ryan Maloney, owner of Julio's Liquors/Loch & K(e)y Society in Westborough, MA.  Entitled "The Early Days of Barrel Selections" it's a great walk down memory lane with Ryan picking barrels with some of the great names in whisk(e)y before barrel select programs existed.  They also talk about partnering with other retailers (Astor in NYC and Binny's in Chicago area for instance) for barrel picks.  A fun hour of your time, IMHO.    ☺️

• I like it 2

9 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Recent Bourbon Pursuit (podcast #294) did an great hour-long interview with Ryan Maloney, owner of Julio's Liquors/Loch & K(e)y Society in Westborough, MA.  Entitled "The Early Days of Barrel Selections" it's a great walk down memory lane with Ryan picking barrels with some of the great names in whisk(e)y before barrel select programs existed.  They also talk about partnering with other retailers (Astor in NYC and Binny's in Chicago area for instance) for barrel picks.  A fun hour of your time, IMHO.    ☺️

Definitely my favorite that I have ever listened to.  I think the community roundtable is very well rounded with various reputable opinions - insights usually are spot on and agenda free.   

19 hours ago, jnewberg said:

Bourbinsane (just bought a farm and doesn't post much any more) 

I wondered what happened to him.  Glad he bought a farm instead of bought THE farm.  😉   A couple of channels that I like that haven't been mentioned are Drew P. Whiskey, Bourbon Dram Reviews and Liquor Hound.  LH is not bourbon centered but, when he does bourbon, I do like his reviews.  What those three have in common is a no nonsense approach.  They're not trying to be zany characters or too cute, which I find annoying with some of the other channels. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.