Old weller the original 107 proff kentucky bourbon

zeek
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello I'm new here and not a drinker but I m looking far a lil information into a liquor bottle. Ok we I'm a trash digger and they were cleaning and old bank that built a new location and they would let me go dumpster diving far scrap well one day I found a shit ton of unopen bottles of orange gin  and mint gin and a bottle of Scotch from Scotland..well this bottle stuck out what do I have here ???????????

16192260336192883984952342037687.jpg

It’s a pretty decent bottle of bourbon. Open it up and enjoy.

It says distilled and bottled Louisville, so from a famous closed distillery (closed in 1992?).  The cap has a tax stamp, so that's prior to 1986?

It's interesting, but hard to say about the contents, not knowing how this was stored.

This came from an old bank?  I never heard that one before.

2 hours ago, PaulO said:

It says distilled and bottled Louisville, so from a famous closed distillery (closed in 1992?).  The cap has a tax stamp, so that's prior to 1986?

It's interesting, but hard to say about the contents, not knowing how this was stored.

This came from an old bank?  I never heard that one before.

I'm guessing pints or half are from a desk drawer...

On 4/23/2021 at 6:01 PM, zeek said:

Hello I'm new here and not a drinker but I m looking far a lil information into a liquor bottle. Ok we I'm a trash digger and they were cleaning and old bank that built a new location and they would let me go dumpster diving far scrap well one day I found a shit ton of unopen bottles of orange gin  and mint gin and a bottle of Scotch from Scotland..well this bottle stuck out what do I have here ???????????

What you have is a piece of bourbon history that is probably worth some real money.  Most likely distilled at the Stitzel-Weller distillery formerly owned by the Van Winkle family, of Pappy Van Winkle fame.  Aside from wear and tear on the label, it looks to be in great condition with good seal and perfect fill.  If you're not a bourbon drinker, it would probably be a waste for you to open it.  I believe Kentucky has legalized the sale of vintage whiskey to licensed retailers for resale.  You might want to look into that.  Otherwise, selling it to a private party is illegal. 

• I like it 5

New member here as well and certainly not trying to hijack the thread but thought I would share this. I have the larger version, had it since around 94 I think and for whatever reason have never opened it. I've always thought it was a very cool bottle and wondered about it's value, which I know is relative but where would you go to find out something like that?

image.thumb.jpeg.782164d691197d6a194ff261a017b2f1.jpeg

14 hours ago, BAMAFAN67 said:

New member here as well and certainly not trying to hijack the thread but thought I would share this. I have the larger version, had it since around 94 I think and for whatever reason have never opened it. I've always thought it was a very cool bottle and wondered about it's value, which I know is relative but where would you go to find out something like that?

image.thumb.jpeg.782164d691197d6a194ff261a017b2f1.jpeg

Auction house most likely.

• I like it 1

Around here, we are not really concerned about value, but how it drinks.  If you need to know $, probably should look elsewhere.  If you want guidance of taste expectations, you're in the right place.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.