Old Forester SB Rye

I'm just hoping the regular 100 proof rye returns to a shelf near me.  It seems to have gone missing.

• I like it 2
LCWoody
Posted (edited)

The 100p is damn good for the money. Its still everywhere down here. I think the 100p is around 4 to 5 years old but they could have put some of those barrels aside for this program. I see the SB rye is around 5 1/2 years. I would think with their inventory they had these barrels set aside for this already. 

Edited by LCWoody
flahute

I am all over this at barrel proof.

• I like it 3
Skinsfan1311
9 hours ago, PaulO said:

I'm just hoping the regular 100 proof rye returns to a shelf near me.  It seems to have gone missing.

Same here., (Baltimore Metro area).   Admittedly, I haven't looked real hard for it but, whenever I see any OF on the shelf, I look for the 100 rye, and haven't seen it.

Radioyada

I am really looking forward to this one. Hopefully at least one of the stores around me will receive a few bottles. 

Article says 100 - 200 bottles per state.  I'm not sure how this compares with volume of other limited releases (like Birthday).  Maybe a good portion will go directly to on premise accounts too.  We'll have to see how badly the taters and retailer behave, or if this flies under the radar (at least for a while).  

• I like it 1
mbroo5880i
On 6/1/2021 at 10:48 PM, PaulO said:

Yeah, I haven't seen it in quite a while.  I have always suspected it will show up again one day at a higher price.