Gold Medal for Handmade

Mystic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey,

I cannot put into words the incredible satisfaction that comes from winning a gold at SFWSC for our Broken Oak release 4.  

North Carolina grown, mashed, fermented, distilled and aged bourbon. 

BiB releases and barrel picks in the works for fall - reach out if you’d like to stop by sometime.  

F7B81A6D-0D71-4D54-9FE8-86A5F71209A1.jpeg

• I like it 1

Mystic, I wish you well in your endeavors, and if I’m ever in your area I’ll try to stop in. I haven’t tasted your product so I can’t comment on that.

But, this “competition” is a farce. It is a medal factory. Everyone gets a medal. Here is this year’s list of 83 pages of all the medal winners. They’re literally just charging $600 per entry so every producer can say they got some sort of medal. Is good better than silver or bronze? Yes. Is it worse than double gold or platinum? Yes. Do I put much stock in what they give anyone? No. I understand that it is good marketing to the masses to be able to point to an “award” to try to get someone to try a product on the shelf. 

So like I said I wish you well as you grow your business and I hope to try the product some day, I just don’t think pointing to this stuff within this specific community is going to get much traction. 

https://www.sfspiritscomp.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/2021-sfwsc-website-results-pdf-updated-5-27.pdf

On 6/16/2021 at 8:40 PM, Mystic said:

Hey,

I cannot put into words the incredible satisfaction that comes from winning a gold at SFWSC for our Broken Oak release 4.  

North Carolina grown, mashed, fermented, distilled and aged bourbon. 

BiB releases and barrel picks in the works for fall - reach out if you’d like to stop by sometime.  

F7B81A6D-0D71-4D54-9FE8-86A5F71209A1.jpeg

I noticed you joined SB in SEP 2017.  Would your BIB release be an anniversary gesture?  OR - purely coincidence? hahahahaha.  ALSO, can you tell us whether Virginia ABC is going to let you start selling through them in SEP 2021?  How about in WashDC?  Which wholesaler are you using?  Depending, I can harass a local purveyor (doing bidness with them since 1975) to get me a bottle.  AND, what kind of tree or bush is that on your label?  Nice glass.  What size is it?  ASIDE - Mets at Nats still tied in the sixth so my attention to the TV is wandering.;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.